Grazeland Civil War?

Guiromelans

Does anyone know much about Grazelander history/politics? I ask because the Glorantha Sourcebook says the Feathtered Horse Queen in 1623 was a somewhat scrappy piece of work called Mirina Single Matron Woman. She was so unpleasant that her own sister Vistera rebelled against her. And at one point in 1623, there were essentially two FHQs, until Mirina dies in Esrolia.  Vistera becomes the sole FHQ (until she is turned into dragon poo during the Dragonrise.)

So I'm wondering what kind of rebellion went on in the Grazelands? Was it a full-on civil war? Grazers killing Grazers? Clan vs clan?

I gather that "single matron woman", the sixth FHQ, leaned lunar, while her successor "With Bitter Heart" leaned anti lunar. 

All that King of Sartar says is that Single Matron Woman loved war and was killed in battle in Esrolia (p.228).  I believe the Grazars helped the Lunars invade Esrolia in the war that ended after the siege of Nochet and battle of Pennell Ford (p.150).  The battle the Grazers lost was in 1623, before the siege of Nochet. 

Aha! an entry in Well of Daliath supports that: " Mirina (born 1586, Feathered Horse Queen 1610 to 1623, died 1623). The daughter of Sorana and an unknown father, she became Feathered Horse Queen in 1610, after the death of her sister. She took the title “Single Matron Woman,” and she never took a lover during her entire reign. She loved war and aided the Lunar Empire in crushing Starbrow’s Rebellion, invading Prax, and the conquest of the Holy Country. She was killed fighting in Esrolia in 1623, while her sister Vistera led a rebellion against her.Note: Some stories say that she was cursed by the Earth priestesses of Esrolia and later killed by her own bodyguard. "  https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/catalogue/websites/old-glorantha-com-news/feathered-horse-queen-dynasty/

if you read the whole Well of Daliath entry I think you will have what you want.

Edited by Squaredeal Sten
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Squaredeal Sten said:

Some stories say that she was cursed by the Earth priestesses of Esrolia and later killed by her own bodyguard. " 

You know you’re unpopular if your own Humakti bodyguard betray and murder you.

Edited by Akhôrahil
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...