Lodri Great Temple

Erol of Backford

On 1/7/2023 at 10:20 PM, Ironwall said:

i feel like argan aggar is the middle and XU is the ignorant one

It is true that XU was furthest from the light of Aether and ZZ closest, but “Argan Argar turned his back from the view” and XU “blinked rapidly but remembered what she saw” (both Trollpak: Uz Lore, p. 5 sidebar), so physical distance isn’t the only factor — and we know that XU is the secret keeper and friend of Yelm, the middle brother.

I am not trying to diss AA by saying he is ignorant: he makes it work for him.

But you know, this is just the sound of my caffeinated brain freewheeling, so don’t pay it too much mind.

• Thanks 1

NOTORIOUS VØID CULTIST

On 1/8/2023 at 10:38 PM, mfbrandi said:

I am not trying to diss AA by saying he is ignorant: he makes it work for him.

Argan Argar stole some of Aether Primolt's power and used it to bind and enslave Lodril. That is pretty powerful to me.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

14 hours ago, soltakss said:

Aether Primolt's power and used it to bind and enslave Lodril. That is pretty powerful to me.

Because to him Aether is “just another godling” — he refuses to see the big thing as a big thing, so to him it is not: that is his superpower. In us, it would just be willful ignorance, not magic — a source of weakness, not power. That is all I meant. I was just playing with the 3 Curious Spirits “which are illuminated?” thing. AA can bring his benightedness to the surface: “Well, I don’t know nothing about that fancy stuff. Bish bash bosh — job done. Next!” AA as a hypercompetent Loadsamoney.

Whereas ZZ knows everything that man darkness spirit was never meant to know and is crippled by it. I am just standing knowledge is power on its head. Think of how solar intellectuals sneer at Lodril, but Lodril the “prole” god gets the job done, while ivory tower Dayzatar is good for what exactly?

But as I say, just playing with the pieces — this isn’t wannabe canon.

NOTORIOUS VØID CULTIST