How to buy the 2" starter box set?

MrHemlocks

I think you're confusing two things. The Call of Cthulhu Starter Set isn't the same thing as Call of Cthulhu Classic (recently kickstarted), which comes in 1" and 2" boxed versions (the 1" box is just the rules, the 2" box includes a bunch of supplements). If you want to pick up the 2" Classic box, you'll need to be at GenCon booth 411 or check Chaosium's store when they go on sale, on August 4.

• Thanks 1

Just to clarify with the 2” box - is this going to be a one time, limited release or is it something that will be maintained for longer?

It makes all the difference if you require waking up in the small hours of New Zealand's timeline, in order to secure a copy. For that matter, what actual time will it be released on August 4th?

Edited by TrippyHippy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

I think you're confusing two things. The Call of Cthulhu Starter Set isn't the same thing as Call of Cthulhu Classic (recently kickstarted), which comes in 1" and 2" boxed versions (the 1" box is just the rules, the 2" box includes a bunch of supplements). If you want to pick up the 2" Classic box, you'll need to be at GenCon booth 411 or check Chaosium's store when they go on sale, on August 4.

I have a feeling I'll check the store as soon as I get up that morning, and it'll already be sold out...

7 hours ago, TrippyHippy said:

Just to clarify with the 2” box - is this going to be a one time, limited release or is it something that will be maintained for longer?

As far as has been said, this is going to be a one-time thing, to sell off the extras from the Kickstarter run.

Edited by AlHazred
  • Like 1

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: nothing | Playing: Battletech Hero, CoC 7th Edition, Blades in the Dark | Planning: D&D 5E Home Game, Operation: Sprechenhaltestelle, HeroQuest 1E Sartarite Campaign

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja