So when is the GM guide coming out?

Zelmor

On 8/6/2022 at 2:34 PM, Zit said:

As previously said, you don't need a GM book to play Runequest. Nobody needs this GM book. It's a "nice to have" for some people, but you've actually already got everything you need to start. Keep your slipcase and give the game a chance.

The few supplements include much more than what their title may suggest. For instance the Weapon book is actually a book about gloranthan technologies and economics, far beyond a "list of weapons".

My understanding of Chaosium policy is that they release high quality products, with deep and rich information and first class art, which takes time, especially with such a rich and coherent World like Glorantha. To compensate this, they encourage the publications on the Jonstown Compendium to support the game and feed the fans with many high quality publications and years of gaming stuff. That's not a flaw, that's a perfectly understandable policy, even if everybody may not agree with it.

And just to remind folk, here's what we currently have for RQG:
Core Rulebook
Bestiary
GM Pack and Screen
Red Book of Magic
Weapons and Equipment
The Smoking Ruins
Pegasus Plateau
The RQ Starter Set
RQ Quickstart

Plus:
The Glorantha Sourcebook
Guide to Glorantha
RQ Wiki 

Additionally, all the RQ 2 material is backwards compatible and available as POD from the website.

The Cults material is in layout and there is a lot there - it opens up the setting tremendously. And it is a lot of stuff - some 570k words. For purpose of comparison, that is nearly 100k more words than the Guide to Glorantha. As the Creative Director, I think this material is absolutely a top priority to expanding the setting, giving players far more options, and is needed before we release the heroquesting rules in the GM Book. And I am pretty sure most folk will agree once it is released.

Edited by Jeff
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5

• Scotty locked this topic