Day of the Beast Campaign

jone1506

I was looking for the "Day of the Beast" campaign (formerly called "The Fungi from Yuggoth: Adventures Against the Brotherhood"), but I do not see it available in the Miskatonic Repository (unless I missed it some how), and the only used physical copies available are pretty expensive. Is there a reason neither this book nor the original Fungi from Yuggoth are not available? I know it was adapted into a radio show ("The Brotherhood of the Beast") for purchase several years ago, so I wasn't sure if this campaign was on the schedule for update and republishing, and that's why it isn't available as a PDF. Just thought I'd ask and see if anyone had any answers.

Thanks,

AJ

I have the old 'Curse of Cthulhu' campaign (3306, ISBN 0-933635-74-5) which is the same campaign with some expanded bits.

Curse of Cthulhu contains material that was originally presented in earlier publications titled Fungi from Yuggoth and Trail of Tsathoggua, now out of print [in 1990, when this was published]. Curse of Cthulhu also contains two new adventures and six full-color pages of illustration.

I started running this campaign in 2004, did a few sessions, and resumed on and off between 2014-2020. I played the two optional adventures ('The Case' and 'Wail of the Witch') and four parts of the campaign proper: 'The Dreamer', 'The Thing in the Well', 'Castle Dark' and 'Sands of Time'. I documented the later adventures on my Obsidian Portal page.

• 8 months later...
On 8/3/2022 at 2:02 PM, jone1506 said:

I was looking for the "Day of the Beast" campaign (formerly called "The Fungi from Yuggoth: Adventures Against the Brotherhood"), but I do not see it available in the Miskatonic Repository ...

I don't believe you'll find any Chaosium-branded content on the MR; that would all be sold directly from Chaosium.com.

I think an Eldritch Summoning of @Mike M is apt, here:  any status or info you can share, regarding Fungi from Yuggoth / Curse of Cthulhu / Day of the Beast ?

C'es ne pas un .sig