Runequest quickstart sessions at DragonCon 2022

borbetomagnus

I'm running 5 sessions of the Runequest: Roleplaying In Glorantha quickstart adventure "The Broken Tower" at DragonCon 2022.

Help me get the word out and here are some helpful links:

• DragonCon homepage
  • DragonCon Gaming Schedule and Events Sign-up
  • My sessions are under the "Role Playing Games Non Campaign" category
    • Thursday, September 1 at 8:00 PM EDT
    • Friday, September 2 at 1:00 PM EDT
    • Saturday, September 3 at 9:00 AM EDT
    • Sunday, September 4 at 9:00 AM EDT - only two remaining player slots available!
    • Monday, September 5 at 1:00 PM EDT
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Jason Farrell said:

Be sure to share this on the Facebook page if you haven't already.  The Discord too.

I've shared it on the Discord channels (Chaosium, Runequest & Glorantha, and Cult of Chaos). I don't use FB. But you have my permission to post my message above to FB.

• 1 month later...

I ran 5 fantastic sessions of The Broken Tower RQG quickstart scenario at DragonCon 2022 and was able to introduce a total of 24 gamers (new and old, experienced and inexperienced) to the mythic glory of Runequest: Roleplaying in Glorantha

I used the miniatures produced by Infinity-Engine (The Broken Tower adversaries) and Mad Knight (pre-generated player characters) and a silicon hex mat for a "light" tactical game during combat encounters -- The encounter with the Rock Lizards and the conclusion in the Broken Tower with Idrima and Danakos, Sprul-Pa and any other adversaries that were summoned by Idrima.

Like I said, it was fantastic! So, I've run The Broken Tower a total of seven times and I'm writing up notes to assist GMs with my guidance and recommendations for running this scenario to introduce gamers to RQG.

• Like 4