RuneQuest / Glorantha - related media

Friedelinde

@PhilHibbs I don't think FromSoftware minds the hate from Game of Thrones fans. 😝

According to posts in this site, RuneQuest is a better system than DnD 5e and Glorantha has a much richer and more coherent world than the Forgotten Realms. Assuming players of tabletop RPGs prefer better systems and settings in theory a little promotion should do wonders for sales.

I made the suggestion about George R.R. Martin because it seems RuneQuest or Glorantha has very limited online exposure. It's mostly word of mouth. If you look for "RuneQuest" or "Glorantha" on YouTube the number of views for most videos is really low.

There's this 2012 Japanese cartoon called Nyaruko: Crawling With Love! that blatantly promoted the Call of Cthulhu game (CoC). It supercharged CoC's sales in Japan. I am wondering why Chaosium isn't doing similar initiatives for RuneQuest.

On the other hand RuneQuest has been thriving for almost 50 years. The Glorantha-setting game Six Ages is on track for a sequel. So I suppose more promotions for RuneQuest or Glorantha isn't really necessary.

Edited by Friedelinde

11 hours ago, Friedelinde said:

@PhilHibbs I don't think FromSoftware minds the hate from Game of Thrones fans. 😝

According to posts in this site, RuneQuest is a better system than DnD 5e and Glorantha has a much richer and more coherent world than the Forgotten Realms. Assuming players of tabletop RPGs prefer better systems and settings in theory a little promotion should do wonders for sales.

I made the suggestion about George R.R. Martin because it seems RuneQuest or Glorantha has very limited online exposure. It's mostly word of mouth. If you look for "RuneQuest" or "Glorantha" on YouTube the number of views for most videos is really low.

There's this 2012 Japanese cartoon called Nyaruko: Crawling With Love! that blatantly promoted the Call of Cthulhu game (CoC). It supercharged CoC's sales in Japan. I am wondering why Chaosium isn't doing similar initiatives for RuneQuest.

On the other hand RuneQuest has been thriving for almost 50 years. The Glorantha-setting game Six Ages is on track for a sequel. So I suppose more promotions for RuneQuest or Glorantha isn't really necessary.

They should obviously get Vin Diesel in to play a game!

Or Henry Cavill...

• 1 month later...

I strongly advise anyone who's interested in staging a heroquest to watch the "Dream of a Thousand Cats" animation from the last episode of Netflix's Sandman. It contains a pretty interesting sequence of a questor facing multiple challenges to meet with a divine/semi-divine entity (kinda looks like Yinkin!) who then provides a new myth (and knowledge of a ritual that could work some serious magic if completed.)

• Like 2

On 9/18/2022 at 6:03 PM, Friedelinde said:

The last time RQ was available as a supported product it was 2nd to DnD in most markets and neck and neck in some European markets. This was the 90s... The marketing was good to excellent and as you say, it was more to the taste of those seeking a better and richer experience. Now in fairness the DnD system has improved a lot since then. 

On 9/18/2022 at 6:03 PM, Friedelinde said:

Ah! Now this is the wunderkind of Chaosium products and with the disappearance of RQ for a couple of decades has assumed its mantle of mightiness. I think a little marketing and word of mouth and maybe a couple of large breaks as you suggest from big names and I think RQ will be back where it was before the AH vs Chaosium implosion of the 90s.

2 hours ago, HreshtIronBorne said:

This recording is awesome and gives me real RQ vibes. I could see something like this at the funeral of Kallyr maybe?

WOW!!!!

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!