[Elric!] Anyone use the "Eastern Magic" stuff from Unknown East?

BMonroe

Was digging through some of my older BRP games recently, and came across the Unknown East book. It came out after I'd stopped playing Elric/Stormbringer/Multiversal stuff, so I didn't really pay much attention to it.

However, as I flipped through it, I discovered the new magic system in the book. Sort of an Ars Magica-lile abstract magic system. I've always loved such things, and am finding this to be pretty cool, and an interesting addition to my canon of BRP powers systems.

I'm curious if anyone here's used it, and what their experience with it was?

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.

Yeah, it seems really cool. The original 'alternate magic' system I wanted to do for 4th edition Stormbringer was very much inspired by 1st edition Ars Magica, and had some similarities to this one. It's worth exploring further.

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.

I tracked down those house rules I had mentioned. Real pain in the arse it was, too. They were buried in the old Chaosium Digest.

You can get the whole digest in a zip file here. You'll want to take a look at chaos-digest-v15n07.txt.

You should check them out if you're considering running the magic system. These house rules are a very nice addition. I wonder if Mr. Seljos would mind if we posted the rules to the download section here.

70/420

• 2 weeks later...