Scorpionmen & Spirit of Law

Erol of Backford

22 minutes ago, Erol of Backford said:

8 legged flamingo with a stinger and wings? Chaos really does allow for maximum game fun. Can't stopĀ  laughing about the centaur thingy! Maybe it should have 8 hooves like one of those Greek or Norse god's mounts was it?

Oh if you insist, we've come this far...

image.png.f54d5d86efc6edfcbdc9f3f2e42c75e1.png

Go on then, make a hit location chart for THAT.

Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Haha 3

I still want my fallen Hueymakti scorpion-duck -- Quackensting, Destroyer of Nests!

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: nothing | Playing: Battletech Hero, CoC 7th Edition, Blades in the Dark | Planning: D&D 5E Home Game, Operation: Sprechenhaltestelle, HeroQuest 1E Sartarite Campaign

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja

Or, S'Kallyria, the Scorpihen Queen!

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: nothing | Playing: Battletech Hero, CoC 7th Edition, Blades in the Dark | Planning: D&D 5E Home Game, Operation: Sprechenhaltestelle, HeroQuest 1E Sartarite Campaign

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja

• 2 weeks later...

Just looking through the Stafford House Companion and I saw this:

QUEENDOM OF JAB DEFEATS MALKONWAL KNIGHTS
In a small action a count of the Malkonwal duchy was defeated and eaten by a larger
enemy army of scorpion things. The gorilla scorpions were the greatest single
surprise. The queen herself was not there, but a pair of very powerful priest lords
commanded them bravely.

p90

Other sundry tidbits about early conceptions of the Holy Country therein.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, metcalph said:

Just looking through the Stafford House Companion and I saw this:

QUEENDOM OF JAB DEFEATS MALKONWAL KNIGHTS
In a small action a count of the Malkonwal duchy was defeated and eaten by a larger
enemy army of scorpion things. TheĀ gorilla scorpionsĀ were the greatest single
surprise. The queen herself was not there, but a pair of very powerful priest lords
commanded them bravely.

Other sundry tidbits about early conceptions of the Holy Country therein.

Here we go again...

image.png.9c37566ec05503cee454dd8241987324.png

Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Not sure if I prefer this formulation, slightly smaller gorilla (or is that slightly larger scorpion?) and different carapace/torso interface.

image.png.e9b3b024f4789a34b7873edc3eda978d.png

On 10/17/2022 at 2:17 AM, Erol of Backford said:

Wow, that is something to write home about! (I have to ask but hope not to see, where is the flamingo in that? LOL)

I think I can grant that wish. No flamingo this time.

Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

I'll need to research, had no idea that southern Heortland had such lush forests but I suppose it makes sense with a good bit of rain falling on the windward side of the Stormwalk Mountains and Prax as a resultant being somewhat dryer...

Heortland is one of the wetter sections of the Holy Country.Ā  Those southwest winds bring moisture off both the ocean and the bay.Ā  A lot of rain in the coastal marshes/shores and the top of the westward cliffs (think Ireland or Oregon).Ā  And then more rain climbing up the Storm Mountains.Ā  All of Heortland used to be wooded - much has been cut down in the 3rd age leaving the Uncertain Woods in the south and the Troll Woods in the north.Ā Ā 

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2022 at 9:02 PM, Erol of Backford said:

They are illuminated...? AĀ Lhankor Mhy wants it to study and to question/interrogate so a larger strike against chaos may be had against the Print? Maybe the want to milk its poison to develop antidotes?

I think you maybe missing the whole point of StormBull. He's mindless violence against Chaos, fighting fire with fire, that's how he won, not with clever plans or cunning, but brute force. Best buddies mates and pals with ZZ, who's mindless violence against everything.

'Slowly Slowly catchee monkey.' just isn't him.

• Thanks 1