GOLD FEVER - A scenario for Call of Cthulhu

Brodbane

The next best thing from Sweden is now available in English!

My scenario, Gold Fever, which snatched the silver prize in the 2022 national Swedish Call of Cthulhu-competition is now available in English. This version also includes more content, extra handouts and alternatives for relocating it to the North American east coast!

In the summer of 1927, after being contacted by a wealthy family to find their youngest son, a modest bank clerk, the Investigators begin following a trail that leads them away from the modern comforts of the Capital, towards something darker and more primal. A foolish dream of riches and wealth has led the young clerk and his friends on a collision course with an ancient horror. Stopping it will require the Investigators to journey from the gilded halls of high finance to the remote, unforgiving wilderness in the Arctic circle. All the while something is stirring in their dreams…

Get it today for Pay-What-You-Want at DriveThruRPG:
  • Like 2

I see this is 1920s. What is the location where the scenario takes place?

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: nothing | Playing: Battletech Hero, CoC 7th Edition, Blades in the Dark | Planning: D&D 5E Home Game, Operation: Sprechenhaltestelle, HeroQuest 1E Sartarite Campaign

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja

23 hours ago, AlHazred said:

I see this is 1920s. What is the location where the scenario takes place?

It starts off in Stockholm, Sweden. But there is a 3-page appendix on how to transfer it to Boston and northern Canada. This include modified handouts as well. 🙂

So you have some alternatives. Feel free to check it out, its Pay-What-You-Want, so you can get it for free if you wish. 😃 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brodbane said:

It starts off in Stockholm, Sweden. But there is a 3-page appendix on how to transfer it to Boston and northern Canada. This include modified handouts as well. 🙂

So you have some alternatives. Feel free to check it out, its Pay-What-You-Want, so you can get it for free if you wish. 😃 

I will! Is there a 1927 Stockholm guide? I, for one, love the little gazetteers people put in their modules for different locations; I love to make the historical world come alive!

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: nothing | Playing: Battletech Hero, CoC 7th Edition, Blades in the Dark | Planning: D&D 5E Home Game, Operation: Sprechenhaltestelle, HeroQuest 1E Sartarite Campaign

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja

17 hours ago, AlHazred said:

I will! Is there a 1927 Stockholm guide? I, for one, love the little gazetteers people put in their modules for different locations; I love to make the historical world come alive!

The original Swedish version was made for the Swedish edition of Call of Cthulhu, which contains quite a lot of area and time-specific information. So there was little need of more background information.

However, when I translated it, I understood that it might be useful with some more information, so I added some. There is about 1 page of material concerning Sweden in general. This is also one of the reason why the English version contains a appendix for relocating the scenario to the US and Canada.

• Like 1