Any information on Ten Spear (village in Sartar)?

Jex

Wait wait hold on I am dumb.  There is a much simpler obvious solution here: I can just use a different village.

The only reason I decided on Ten Spear was because I was looking for a settlement that was near the Colymar lands and not close to any major road, and that hadn't already been the focus of an adventure or otherwise had a lot of development, and Ten Spear seemed to fit the bill.  But now that I know Ten Spear has been the focus of an adventure (a noncanonical adventure appearing in a fanzine, sure, but nonetheless one that seems to be beloved by those familiar with it), well, that means it doesn't fit my criteria as well as I thought it did, so the logical course of action is to find another settlement that does.

There was nothing in particular in my original concept of the adventure that necessitated it being near the Upland Marsh at all, though once I decided on Ten Spear I did work that in and use some aspects about the Lismelder tribal culture.  Still, I can keep most of what I've done if I just use a different settlement in the area.  It looks like nothing much has been done with the Marshedge clan, and it seems to fit what I need just as well.  Maybe I'll just use Marshedge instead of Ten Spear.  The only thing I'll have to change is a few details in the backstory.

EDIT: But now looking at the maps of the Lismelder tribe, I have another question... but since this no longer has to do with Ten Spear, I guess I should probably start another thread for this.

Edited by Jex
Additional information

14 hours ago, Jex said:

Oh!  I had missed that Tales from the Reaching Moon was an unofficial fanzine.  Thanks for pointing that out.

It is effectively semi-official, so you are probably OK to use its ideas and they are likely to stand.

My view is that we can wait for years until official Chaosium supplements come out for particular areas, or we can use what we have now and extrapolate. I prefer using what we have now.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here