[Spoiler] Crimson Petals Adventure from Pegasus Plateu

huntsfromshadow

Hey all.

I'm currently running the Crimson Petals adventure for my husband in our Duet game and I'm having a hard time seeing the flow of the mystery.

Their is some plot threads that don't seem to connect to me. Such as - why aren't the children through their coming of age rite if villagers like the Chief aren't actually under the influence of the red petals, and some other parts that are just confusing me.

Does anyone have any best tips or ticks when running this adventure?

• Like 1

I ran this game last week, and from what I thought or interpreted it, it has to do with the spirit of Demels, since it absorbs the Pow dedicated to the Cult of Ernalda, or associated rituals, so no initiations should be made for Ernaldites or Nandans possible, so the same result could be extended for young Orlanthis and Vingans

Edited by Godweyn

The village is under the displeasure of Ernalda which would definetly explain why no women can be initiated, and as kin slayers many of the men are going to be in disfavour with Orlanth although in both cases it looks like the God is unable to determine exactly who bears the guilt so no one is being visited by spirits of reprisal but their rituals are not going to go well and that seems a likely cause of problems with initiations

There is also strife within the clan and possibly no one can organise the adults to set up the ceremony for initiating people into the cult as this involved a lot of community cooperation and magic.

More generally, the scenario has a broad menu of clues to give to the adventurers. They shouldn't need all of them, so don't try to pack everything in. Pick and choose the bits that you think suit the players or characters, and bring in more if they are struggling.

Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Like 1