Voriof write up?

whitelaughter

Voriof is normally worshiped as a subcult of Orlanth Adventurous. He does not have an independent cult in Dragon Pass.

Voriof

Voriof the Shepherd is a son of Orlanth and Ernalda, worshiped by herders and young men. He provides the spirit magic spell Detect Sheep and the special Rune spell Command Sheep to members of Orlanth Adventurous. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

58 minutes ago, Ali the Helering said:

At the risk of being shouted down as 'no longer canonical', Thunder Rebels and Storm Gods contained relevant materials.

Not only no longer canonical, but also not in print in any form except on the second hand market.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Voriof is normally worshiped as a subcult of Orlanth Adventurous. He does not have an independent cult in Dragon Pass.

Voriof

Voriof the Shepherd is a son of Orlanth and Ernalda, worshiped by herders and young men. He provides the spirit magic spell Detect Sheep and the special Rune spell Command Sheep to members of Orlanth Adventurous. 

Young men? Now I need to try to not think about associations between lonely young men and sheep...

27 minutes ago, Soccercalle said:

Young men? Now I need to try to not think about associations between lonely young men and sheep...

Do not "try not to think about" it too hard.
That sort of thinking leads to unhealthy places.

• Haha 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

1 hour ago, Soccercalle said:

Young man, there's no need to feel down

I said Young man, pick yourself off the ground

I said Young man, 'cause you're not in a town

There's no need to be unhappy...

S
H
E
E

• Haha 3

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

2 hours ago, JRE said:

If they are initiated, sex is no longer taboo, and that Command sheep spell suddenly makes sense...

So, let's see if I got this right... engagement (in melee fer instance) is not required, but initiation-ship (initiation-sheep?) into cult mysteries... oh, it is all too sordid! Hello, I must be going!

• Haha 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

I suspect my previous comment wouldn't actually work in Gloranthan languages, as it plays upon the homonyms (you, yew, ewe). In written English the difference is obvious, but consider a priest offering verbal advice to an initiate candidate -- "you must know you" can easily be misinterpreted ("ewe must know yew"? are we beating the sheep with bows?).

32 minutes ago, Baron Wulfraed said:

I suspect my previous comment wouldn't actually work in Gloranthan languages, as it plays upon the homonyms (you, yew, ewe). In written English the difference is obvious, but consider a priest offering verbal advice to an initiate candidate -- "you must know you" can easily be misinterpreted ("ewe must know yew"? are we beating the sheep with bows?).

Maybe, maybe not - for whatever reason, they seem to our letters and pronounce them English-style, or else the whole "Empire of Wyrms' Friends = EWF = Youf" thing wouldn't work...