Death Gods and Heal Spells

svensson

So this is kind of weirdo question that occurs to me at 5am....

The cult of Waha limits the Heal spell of initiates and greater to Heal 1. Now, I fully grant you that Heal 1 is better than Heal none, but it won't stop the bleeding on penetrating wound.

So it occurs to me to ask: is the limit of Heal 1 an aspect of Waha's dogma or is it an aspect of the Death Rune? To put it another way, are ALL Death Rune worshipers limited to Heal 1 or just Waha worshipers?

It is only mentioned for Waha so I think it is Waha specific due to his mythic role.

Certainly in previous versions Humakti Geasa could effect your ability to heal wounds, in the late 90's I had a Sword of Humakt who cuould only be healed by Divine Heal wound spells normally cast by her allied spirit

Humakt is also noted as having a relationship with Arroin for none magical healing so it is certainly possible that there are Humakti who refuse magical healing even if they don't have Geasa forbidding it

• Like 2

I assume the mythic reason is that it is the division of roles in Praxian society. Men butcher, women (Eiritha) heals. It also means even war expeditions will take some Eiritha healer with them, which also will make sure animals will be treated in the right way, and that the other half of the clan makes their opinions heard, or you will bleed to death. Eiritha is not a peaceful cult at all, but one specialized.

• Helpful 3