So what other games do BRP fans play ?

weasel fierce

Do you mean people actually PLAYED Toon??? :eek:

How? I mean, you might as well run around your yard hitting one another with rubber balloons!

Erm... hang on... that was Killer, wasn't it? :shocked:

Just too many drugs, man, too many drugs. "I'm a six foot rabbit with a machine gun and a jello grenade." Course you are.

:eek: *I got the fear!!!* (steals pizza and runs off and hides)

Of course, we played toon (killer also, but this is another story).

In fact, I've never played, only GMed. But I've lost the map to the cave where those fantastic mushrooms ...

No, really, I don't have any player anymore (apart my wife). The other are too serious to enjoy it, or too young to accept the sheer madness that MUST occur.

By the way, my original players were playing:

- a toaster (chromed one), that lassoed everybody with it's power cord.

- a wrestling baby (remember baby herman).

- an hippopotamus gogo dancer.

- a rat (called rat'mbo), that was moving with 2 machineguns stucked under his armpits.

The spy adventures were the most hilarous ones.

Runequestement votre,

Kloster

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean people actually PLAYED Toon??? :eek:

It often eclipsed the other genres. We played it frequently enough that a friend compiled "The Villains of Toon," funny animal bad buys with names such as Moose-ilini. I menaced the players with the mobile Egyptian mummy, Ra Mihn Nudal.

The drug of choice was Jolt, an over-caffienated beverage of the era. ;) To appreciate Toon I suppose you had to grow up in the days where Looney Tunes, Woody Woodpecker, and Tom and Jerry cartoons dominated Saturday mornings from 6 a.m. until the Creature Feature began at 1 p.m.

It often eclipsed the other genres. We played it frequently enough that a friend compiled "The Villains of Toon," funny animal bad buys with names such as Moose-ilini. I menaced the players with the mobile Egyptian mummy, Ra Mihn Nudal.

The drug of choice was Jolt, an over-caffienated beverage of the era. ;) To appreciate Toon I suppose you had to grow up in the days where Looney Tunes, Woody Woodpecker, and Tom and Jerry cartoons dominated Saturday mornings from 6 a.m. until the Creature Feature began at 1 p.m.

Channel 56? Hosted by the Ghoul? Eventually turned into Creature Double Feature?

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

Currently playing WFRP2.

Have GM'd RQ2 and HeroQuest recently.

Played a bit of Conan and D&D 3.5 before that.

Had a gap for a few years which was filled with Balders gate Icewind dale etc (only reason I bought D&D books) and occasional Axis & Allies.

Have played some Dragon Warriors and gmed RQ3 after uni.

Uni was RoleMaster, Spacemaster, D&D2 and a little RQ2 and LARP.

In school. It was WFRP MERP RM CoC AD&D1 and I gmed Stormbringer, Hawkmoon, skyrealms of Jorune.

My first game was Stormbringer and without it I doubt I would still be playing.

Likes to sneak around

115/420

I started with the D&D basic set in 1982. I was 9. I started playing AD&D later the same year.

Eventually my group branched out into other RPGs... I remember playing Star Frontiers and a bit of Traveller and Gamma World.

By high school, my player group were all fans of Rolemaster. I played a lot of that. Occasionally we branched out into other games: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was popular for a while, as was the Robotech RPG. I tried to get my group interested in GURPS once, but that didn't go over so well.

(Slightly off topic) Around that time, a friend of mine bought the Runequest 3 boxed set and showed it off to the group; I instantly coveted it, but it was a year or two before I could save up enough money for a copy of my own. He never ran a game-- he found the magic rules too hard to comprehend. I ran it once, but it was a very bad experience that put me off running a straight Runequest game to the present day (the fault being the players', not the system).

In college I played homebrewed games and Vampire. I was quite fond of the Dangerous Journeys system, but couldn't find any players (unsurprisingly).

Since then, I've basically played what's on my shelf. Most often I run solo campaigns for my wife, since I don't have a regular gaming group. Pendragon's her favorite game.

Channel 56? Hosted by the Ghoul? Eventually turned into Creature Double Feature?

Good heavens-- someone else watched that too?

Of course, we played toon (killer also, but this is another story).

You know, I ran Toon once back in college. The drugs were slightly more alcohol related. The only thing I remember about that session was that one of the players had a portable hole and he kept accidentally pulling out the Yellow Submarine version of Ringo Starr when he was trying for useful things, like bombs and stuff.

Ah, Killer. We got busted at school (sixth grade) for playing Killer. The principal was worried that we might take it too far. But this was the 80s, so we just sat down and talked for a while* rather than being sent to special schools or deprogramming camps or jail or whatever they'd do to kids these days.

The best part of the Killer thing, though, is that it was my mom's fault we were playing. She started everything off by "killing" me with a poisoned sandwich. When the other kids saw that they went gaga for the concept of the game. Yes, I love my mom. She's still the coolest.

* We convinced her that we were all sane within a few minutes. We spent the rest of the hour or so helping her plan what kind of computers to get for the lab they were putting in the next year. Apple ][e's, of course.

75/420

---

Geek blogging at http://strangestones.com