Glorantha cardboard cutouts

Puck

I just uploaded sheet of cutouts that I put together for and old 3rd age campaign. I do not know if anyone uses such things, but I have found that little chits for character markers work very well. I make them about the size of the old Fantasy Trip/Melee chits.

I used a lot of the old pics I had for The Green and had great fun making them. I can do others pretty quickly so if anyone finds them handy let me know and I will upload others. It is also pretty easy to customize and provide for a variety of different races, weapons or armor.

It is pretty easy to arrange them as full cutouts and stand them up on a base, but I have found that those are harder to travel with and are more trouble than little chit sized bits.

Edited by Puck

294/420

Gorps & Undead always come handy; i think i got lunars & dara happans covered (and ducks ill never use).

Do you have some classic-classy looking uz? Also vingans :D

"It seems I'm destined not to move ahead in time faster than my usual rate of one second per second"

Gorps are no problem at all. Undead ? Zombies should be pretty easy. Skeletons may be a bit of a trick as I usually start by taking a picture and then morphing it.

I am not sure what you mean by classic-classy... Just more trolls with armor?.... trollkin?

Vingans? (I had to look this up).. they may be a little harder..right now.. but not impossible.

Undead sounds like the way to go for now and probably the most generally useful and could be a lot of fun.

294/420

I am working on Undead and Trolls with longer snouts (harder than I thought).

Since I'm more a sci-fi kinda guy, they will be "indigenous galaxy inhabitants."

I should be able to do some sci fi stuff pretty easy, but it will take a some time.

They are indeed very useful also for VTTs. Can you arrange a front-rear version?

I not sure what VTTs are.???

I can arrange front and rear versions, but the back is just silhouette. I have done a number of these for the Green and never posted them. I will upload them presently. They should be useful for general fantasy as well. After using the stand up cutouts I found that the chits are easier and less trouble in play though. When I get some more time I can arrange the Gloranthan one to have backs.

294/420

VTT = Virtual Table-Top (i.e. playing on computer)

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

Well I uploaded the cutouts for the Green ( the ones that have backs on them) and I am about halfway done with the undead sheet. I have a couple of Dark Trolls (with longer snouts) but these are harder to do unless they are in profile. Hopefully I can finish the sheet and post it today.

VTT = Virtual Table-Top (i.e. playing on computer)

I am interested to know how chits are used for this. I do not really know very little about this. Can figures be moved around on a virtual map? If so I need to look more into it.

294/420

Can figures be moved around on a virtual map? If so I need to look more into it.

Precisely. Figures like yours are extremely useful when playing with Virtual Tabletops, because you can add them to the game by simply placing a PNG image in the right directory, and voila, you have a new PC or NPC figure. There are several sites, like Four Ugly Monsters or RPG Map Share, that specialize in providing free figures and maps.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

As someone running Second Age Glorantha and planning to run the Pavis Rises campaign, any Pavic, Praxian, Wyrmish, Sorcerous and so on types of characters would be eagerly printed off...

I will add them to the list. I do not have Pavis Rises yet but I am pretty sure I will have to pick it up before to long.

I think there were some guys that would work as Praxian nomads on the first card. Those are pretty easy to do as Many of the pictures I took for the Green could easily be ported over.

God Learners should be pretty easy.

Wyrmish stuff could prove pretty Challenging, but could be fun.

Trolls (with snouts) are proving pretty difficult so I think I am going to take on the Uz next.

As I am finishing the undead sheet, I realize that I should probably place less figures on each sheet. That way I can get a greater spread of minis off and it would be a little less tedious.

Thanks for the info

The VTTs are sounding better all the time.

294/420

I can't find anything other than the gloranthan cutouts, where did you upload them?

Under the Generic Fantasy thread. I posted the Green stuff there and then was not sure where to put the undead thing as it is really more generic than Glorantha specific.

294/420

The VTTs are sounding better all the time.

We are having a test run game using Fantasy Grounds II this weekend, the nice thing is you don't have to buy the program because the GM has an Ultimate license.

Check out the thread:

http://basicroleplaying.com/showthread.php/2056-Fantasy-Grounds-In-Search-Of-The-Trollslayer

I use  fantasygrounds.com

We are having a test run game using Fantasy Grounds II this weekend, the nice thing is you don't have to buy the program because the GM has an Ultimate license.

I do not know if I am quite ready for that yet, but maybe in the future.

If you ever come across any greco-roman or Mesopotamian looking guys they would be awesome.

I am working on some Gloranthan trolls right now, but a series of heroes inspired by Greek myths might be fun to do next. Mesopotamian stuff would be fun but could prove difficult do to my lack of props from that era. I will certainly look into it though.

294/420

I just added Trolls and Morokanth to the Classic Runequest Page. These are not fantastic ( I did a lot of chopping painting over and scupting work), but I think they will work pretty well as little markers.

I also added outworlders to the Green selections.

294/420