Roll 20 - RQ Sheet - bug with halved skill

smiorgan

From memory that function uses half of the skill listed - and it depends on an exact match text look up. So if you have a “1H Spear” skill at 10% it’s working correctly.

Edit: I've now done some testing and it's definitely a bug. I've never seen it do that before. 

Edited by Arcadiagt5

1 hour ago, Arcadiagt5 said:

From memory that function uses half of the skill listed - and it depends on an exact match text look up. So if you have a “1H Spear” skill at 10% it’s working correctly.

No, it's not working correctly: as the "1H Spear" skill is 80, not 10. It correctly gets the 80 in the column after the clock symbol, but then it "halves" it to 5%. I'v tried with several weapon skills, Checking the 1/2 box either has no effect (if you do that after selecting the skill), or reduces the skill to 5% (if you first check the box then select the skill). 

Edited by smiorgan
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, smiorgan said:

No, it's not working correctly: as the "1H Spear" skill is 80, not 10. It correctly gets the 80 in the column after the clock symbol, but then it "halves" it to 5%. I'v tried with several weapon skills, Checking the 1/2 box either has no effect (if you do that after selecting the skill), or reduces the skill to 5% (if you first check the box then select the skill). 

On what page did you put the 80% Smiorgan? You have to enter it on the skills page, I believe, and let it auto fill on the main page or it sees it as 10% (the base).

image.png.bf3b1e39e1d8348f8ff20edc100162e6.png

That said, any idea what the 1/2 does @Arcadiagt5? I do not notice any difference with it deployed or not deployed.

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

It’s supposed to support the “you can use any 1H sword at half your skill with another 1H sword”, e.g. if you were using a shortsword with your broadsword skill, you’d put in the Shortsword stats for damage etc, but link to the broadsword skill & put the half check box on. It’s worked for me before, I’ll see if I can do a bit of testing later this afternoon. 

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, smiorgan said:

Hi,

To those who are familiar with the Roll20 sheet. When I try to set weapons at half-skill in the Roll 20 RQ sheet - because they are used with a related skill - I get minimum skill (5%) instead. Is it a known bug of the sheet? 

image.png.30dc64ad801e93848caf76a8ecfcb054.png

Why post this here and not the the Roll20 character sheet forum? I have fixed it and an update should be available by Tuesday given Roll20's update cycle.

• Thanks 4

On 11/19/2022 at 3:52 AM, Arcadiagt5 said:

It’s supposed to support the “you can use any 1H sword at half your skill with another 1H sword”, e.g. if you were using a shortsword with your broadsword skill, you’d put in the Shortsword stats for damage etc, but link to the broadsword skill & put the half check box on. It’s worked for me before, I’ll see if I can do a bit of testing later this afternoon. 

Exactly. This how it's supposed to work, but it doesn't.

23 hours ago, dvdmacateer said:

Why post this here and not the the Roll20 character sheet forum? I have fixed it and an update should be available by Tuesday given Roll20's update cycle.

Great. Thanks a lot. I wasn't aware of the existence of a Roll20 character sheet forum. That's why I posted it here.

• Like 1