River Styx - Water

Erol of Backford

25 minutes ago, Erol of Backford said:

Anyone have a list of know Hero Quests?

For Yelmalio, you can browse through Arcane Lore, GRoY, Cults of Prax, etc.  Yelmalio has many Hill of Gold stories (some more accessible than others, e.g. Enclosure 2, possibly Ye Book of Tentacles 3).  Yelmalio intersects with High King Elf and Arroin in some stories.  Any quest that notes Yelmalio, Antirius, Lightfore, the Youth, Yelm the Youth, or Yelm the Archer could be used.  Otherwise, make one up!  As I did up-thread, assemble certain story components, flip things over (or reverse them).  

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, M Helsdon said:

A chart of the Hells I made a while ago. Might be useful?

Hells.png

I imagine that dead trolls souls may be met here but what about others ? Humans, merfolks, elves… 

in fact except darkness creatures and « heroquestors / gods » who will you meet ?  Are all (part of) souls sent to some hell ? Or just bad people (Daka Fal’s judgement) ? Or … ?

4 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

Delecti is Hero Questing himself and the PC's by chance run into him.

In my opinion they will not meet him but the mask he wears (or someone else wears)

so will they be able to recognize who is behind the mask ?

still in my understanding (or my glorantha perhaps… probably…. Of course ?! )

if as all good initiates they believe they are now more their gods and less themselves there is a few chance to recognize him (if it is délecti)

if they have built another perspective of what the heroplan / heroquest is and then know they are themselves and not their gods, they may have a better chance to see behind the « picture »

Again that is just my idea/glorantha and I may change when I will read the rqg rules

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

in fact except darkness creatures and « heroquestors / gods » who will you meet ?  Are all (part of) souls sent to some hell ? Or just bad people (Daka Fal’s judgement) ? Or … ?

Depends on which part of Hell, as denizens may vary.  But, obviously a host of Darkness creatures/spirits: monstrous shades, the Black Eater, gigantic "insects" or "spiders" (exactly whether they are insects/spiders or some variant might be a question for sages to answer), and all the many children of Subere.  Then there are the multitude of demons and legions of devils that plague the Underworld - many are ruled by Deshkorgos, many are not.  Many of these are unique, and far more varied than the short entry on demons in the Bestiary might lead you to believe.  And there are Chaos creatures - Fiends of Cacodemon, tentacled horrors, undead that have been captured, etc.  Dreams and nightmares exist here and live - they might take on specific forms, might reflect the fears of the beholder, or be mutable but trigger particular passions.  There are composite creatures: scorpion-things, spider-things, crab-things, and the like.  There are giants - ancient beings slain by dragons and buried in Hell, often so only the giant heads are visible - however I'm sure there are many that still wander about in certain regions.  Gagarth and his Wild Hunt can be found roaming and hunting.  Jajagappa and the Lost Pack hunt down lost souls who were unable to cross the Styx.  Dead forests, and by extension dead dryads and whatever they command is these places.  And, of course, you can find dwarfs about - there are World Machine tasks to perform here as well, often trying to resurrect bits of the world that previously died.  And dead, forgotten gods - as long as they weren't annihilated by Chaos, they end up here too.

• Helpful 1

10 hours ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

I imagine that dead trolls souls may be met here but what about others ? Humans, merfolks, elves… 

Hell is often a synonym for afterlife or Underworld. One entity's hell is another's 'heaven'. Bad trolls might find themselves in the bright Sky World, the heavens being their 'hell'.

Edited by M Helsdon

43 minutes ago, M Helsdon said:

Hell is often a synonym for afterlife or Underworld. One entity's hell is another's 'heaven'. Bad trolls might find themselves in the bright Sky World, the heavens being their 'hell'.

yep and that why i asked (not for the trolls, I m on the same line than you) but for others :

when you put so many "human" (or not) gods and goddesses I was a little bit disturbed as the only hell-s I "know" (so few) is the greek one, where you can meet your ancestors or anyone you know.

9 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Jajagappa and the Lost Pack hunt down lost souls who were unable to cross the Styx.  Dead forests, and by extension dead dryads and whatever they command is these places

I know you are ruthless and I will never try to upset you, your honor, for sure 😛

however does that mean that hells are "before" Styx ?  (no I m not lost, I repeat !, and I have money to buy my ticket )

Or what you mean by "cross the Styx" is the capacity to be judged by Daka Fal, who is able to send you anywhere (even in one of these hells), but if you try to escape his judgement, at some point, you will "fall" randomly or not in one of these hells ?

2 hours ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

when you put so many "human" (or not) gods and goddesses I was a little bit disturbed as the only hell-s I "know" (so few) is the greek one, where you can meet your ancestors or anyone you know.

Glorantha has at least seven 'hells' plus a number of special ones, such as those the Lunars put important enemies in. The 'hells' I list are human/troll because I don't have information about the beliefs of other races.

16 hours ago, David Scott said:

Don't forget Styx Water is detailed in Plunder.

Who doesn't have Plunder!

image.png.3b38f589393f57abb5d234d401575643.png

Anyone have a reference to like, every Hero Quest, ever detailed anywhere?

On 11/30/2022 at 3:13 PM, jajagappa said:

Enclosure 2

Of course I only have the first one... I'll check Tent 3, just realized I have never read it!

image.png.928ab5fc77300208e82778a58fa1292e.png