An online StormbringerCon?

Merak Gren

https://m.facebook.com/groups/320118915031859/

Hello all.

I've been off on a hiatus but 2022 brought me back to Stormbringer playing online with @Marcus Bone and others.

You may know me, as Merak Green here, as Kagemusha on Rpg.net, John Smith on FB, @DmnWrr on twitter,  or Damon at Continuum. Like John Daker, I have had so many names I forget them. 

So I had the thought, why not? Why not ask for other GMs and players to play Stormbringer as an online con?  

We could have several GMs over different time zones, players around the world, we could have online games, hang outs, perhaps even interview sessions with authors and contributors?

Its starting to feel a little like Waynestock, but it came to me in a dream. 

Can we make it real?

3223eaf6-73f9-49f7-9795-e30ae89ac4da_text.gif

• Like 1

Likes to sneak around

115/420

I'd just ask, as a logistical issue:  how are the online tools for SB?

I'd also wonder about other RPG's...
I presume you'd welcome the entire BRP-based suite of Moorcock's IP:  Stormbringer, Elric, Hawkmoon, Corum, etc...
What about the new French game, Mourneblade?
What about someone's GURPS Young Kingdoms, or Fate Jerry Cornelius, or D&D5E Erekosë, or an entirely-homebrewed Konrad Arflane game?

Just things I think you should be looking at, right from the start.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

Yes. Someone raised the issue of non published versions. Mournblade and Lobo Blanco are welcome. D20 and other games themed around MM / the External Champion also good. 

Someone gave an example of using 1889 for a Bastable game. 

For online tools, could be a challenge but at worst we could have a pregen pdf / paper character sheet, dice and discord. 

Likes to sneak around

115/420

21 minutes ago, Merak Gren said:

For online tools, could be a challenge but at worst we could have a pregen pdf / paper character sheet, dice and discord. 

Google suggests there's a Roll20 sheet.  That's a big chunk of the game, right there.
I don't know what's on Fantasy Grounds, or the other VTTs ...

C'es ne pas un .sig

6 minutes ago, g33k said:

Google suggests there's a Roll20 sheet.  That's a big chunk of the game, right there.
I don't know what's on Fantasy Grounds, or the other VTTs ...

Yes. I've used Roll20 for SB5. 

Its a bit clunky but usable. 

• Like 1

Likes to sneak around

115/420

4 minutes ago, g33k said:

Oh!

One other notion:  recruiting people who have already done this once, organized a new online event for a smaller/niche property.

Yes. Hoping someone in the community can help out. 

At the moment it's more like coordination of separate events to happen around same time, with a common theme. 

There is no money for this, so bootlaces and ingenuity. 

Likes to sneak around

115/420

• 2 weeks later...

I love this. I don't have a great deal of time, but I'd be willing to help with some organization or running games. I recently ran a SB 1st edition game, the first Rogue Mistress scenario, on the Role VTT (https://www.playrole.com/). It worked out well although the character sheets are kind of fiddly (for what it's worth it is easy to create new character sheet templates).

• Like 1