Imther, Edge of Empire... is NOW ON SALE!

jajagappa

• 2 weeks later...

*Only a couple days left to pick up Edge of Empire at DriveThruRPG's GM Day sale price!

If you've already had a chance to pick it up - Thanks!

(And would encourage those who have acquired this or any other JC titles recently to stop by DriveThruRPG and leave a Rating or Review! They are always appreciated.)

https://tinyurl.com/yue5pbk8

• jajagappa changed the title to Imther, Edge of Empire... is here AND NOW IN PRINT!

For those who have been anxiously awaiting news of a Print Version - it is here, and it is available NOW on DrivethruRPGEdge of Empire
AND... also pleased that it has brand new COVER ART!  Plus bonus content added to both electronic and print versions - now 224 pages!

If you've already acquired the pdf - the new updated version is listed as:  RuneSmithPub-EdgeEmpire-v1.1.e.pdf 

image.jpeg.e67367e5ea91257e32ea1237baf7880a.jpeg

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Squaredeal Sten said:

I already ordered my hard copy.  The cover art looks great, too.  

Thanks!

And, yes, I really like the new cover art, too! Here's a view of the whole picture without text and graphics.

EE-newcover-final-copyright-RSmith2022.png

Edited by jajagappa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2023 at 3:57 PM, jajagappa said:

For those who have been anxiously awaiting news of a Print Version - it is here, and it is available NOW on DrivethruRPGEdge of Empire
AND... also pleased that it has brand new COVER ART!  Plus bonus content added to both electronic and print versions - now 224 pages!

If you've already acquired the pdf - the new updated version is listed as:  RuneSmithPub-EdgeEmpire-v1.1.e.pdf 

Congrats!

• Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

51 minutes ago, Squaredeal Sten said:

It looks as though cover art for Jonstown Compendium POD  needs to be done with technical guidance on the dimensions of the whole cover, front and back.  

Yes, DrivethruRPG provides template for dimensions needed based on hardcover/softcover and page count (which affects the spine). Of course, that mostly matters if you want a full wraparound cover. Using separate front and back does not need to address the spine. 

(And Nick is fantastic help working through all of that!)

Edited by jajagappa
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Squaredeal Sten said:

It looks as though cover art for Jonstown Compendium POD  needs to be done with technical guidance on the dimensions of the whole cover, front and back.  

Thanks, Harald! Sten, the template generator page is linked from here, you need to be logged in to your DriveThruRPG account to access it. Both hard- and softcovers need their cover art to extend throughout the “bleed,” which is bigger for the case-bound hardcovers.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Couple fun pics of Edge of Empire seen in the wild (thanks to those who posted on FB!). 

Currently at 18 5-star Ratings, and 7 Reviews. I noted on FB that if those reach 20+ Ratings and 10+ Reviews, I'll add another bit of bonus content! 🙂 

EE-intheWild-20230404.jpg

EE-intheWild-20230407.jpg

Now, as for potential bonus content... well a secret archive in the King's Palace at New Lolon has been discovered with ancient scrolls locked away with arcane enchantments. It took an old Mostali device to unlock the seals and reveal the hidden documents! 

Scrolls from the time of the Imtherian Dart War, secrets of Amber Fort, and the original texts of the famed Travels of the Twelve (a few of which were laboriously transcribed into Edge of Empire)!  Who knows what else may turn up! :20-power-truth::20-condition-luck:

NLG Treasures-1.jpg

NLG Treasures-2.jpg

NLG Treasures-3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Printed copies of Edge of Empire made it to Chaosium Con (and sold out!). 🙂 

The evidence: peeking out from under the price list at the pop-up store table; then the last copy in the back row before it, too, was sold.  (And lots of other great content there too!)

IMG_20230415_134656225.jpg

IMG_20230415_120619441.jpg

• Like 5

And over on DrivethruRPG, another very kind review! 

*Just two more Reviews/one more Rating needed to unlock some further Bonus Content! 🙂 

If you've picked up Edge of Empire, and haven't had a chance to rate/review it yet, you can help push it over that milestone!

Edited by jajagappa
  • Like 2

One more great review over on DrivethruRPG from Angus. But this note particularly pleased me: "P.S. My players wanted to run a game in the Empire. Edge of Empire came out as we were thinking about such a game. I picked it up on a whim, and now they deeply love this quirky little corner of Glorantha"

I love hearing that Edge of Empire has come into play as part of other people's Glorantha, and hope that more have/take the opportunity to explore it. 🙂 

** AND just one more Review and Rating on drivethruRPG needed to unlock some further Bonus Content! 

Who'll be the One to free some ancient treasures from the hands of the dwarfs??? 🤔

Edited by jajagappa
  • Thanks 1

Having now seen it for myself I can confirm that this is the career achievement we were promised. It will take time to absorb the content (the thing is massive) and write a coherent review for the boards, but a casual flip reveals exquisite attention to the intimate details of the landscape and local population. This looks like a visual novel in the form of a deluxe sourcebook, actual literature, something like a folio Shakespeare written for dice around your table instead of the elizabethan stage.

While layout and art are great stuff, my only regret is that this isn't (yet) a full-nostalgia boxed scenario pack to shelf beside Pavis and Borderlands in particular, against which it stands as a worthy and logical successor, extending our horizons beyond the fields we know . . . but as with all great succession plans, the new hotness manages to learn from past experiments and do it better. Imther will never be a blank land again. Edge of Empire, maybe, but core Glorantha now and forever.

Edited by scott-martin
massive
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

singer sing me a given

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/20/2023 at 7:33 PM, jajagappa said:

** AND just one more Review and Rating on drivethruRPG needed to unlock some further Bonus Content! 

Who'll be the One to free some ancient treasures from the hands of the dwarfs??? 🤔

That 20th 5-star Rating is in!  BUT, there's still ONE REVIEW NEEDED in order to UNLOCK ADDITIONAL BONUS CONTENT!!!

:50-combination-communication: If you've picked up Edge of Empire and not yet had the opportunity to add your Review, you could be the one to free additional secrets from the dwarfs! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jason Farrell said:

Add a review the other day.  When do we get our dwarfs?  🙂

Yes, thanks! These are much appreciated.

The goals have been achieved, the vaults have been unlocked and opened, and the dwarfs are busy finalizing the works for delivery. 

(I.e. hopefully will have the document finished and added to the bonus content within the week.) 🙂 

• Like 2

On 5/22/2023 at 2:38 PM, Jason Farrell said:

Add a review the other day.  When do we get our dwarfs?  🙂

The gears have turned, the dwarfs have assembled the critical elements, and the songs have been sung again!

For all who gave Ratings and Reviews - thanks! The Praise Singer bonus content for Edge of Empire is now available for download!

Everyone who has purchased Edge of Empire can now download the new bonus file: RuneSmithPub-EdgeEmpire-praisesingerbonus-v1.pdf

Also, some minor updates to the Player Handouts - look for v1.1

The Praise Singer bonus contents is 37 pages focused on the "Travels of the Twelve", the original Imther campaign log documenting the quest across Balazar and the Elder Wilds to Giant Land in order to gain the second weapon of the Earthwielder. Supplemented with various author's notes, a couple original maps, and the ballads of Gavnar the Lyrist. Hope you enjoy!

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

NOW ON SALE! 15% off at DrivethruRPG.

If you haven't purchased yet, what are you waiting for?  224 pages, pdf or hardcover options. Pdf version comes with map pack, player handouts, plus 36-page bonus campaign travelogue from my original Imther Campaign. 

23 5-star ratings, 12 full reviews - and several are now using in active RuneQuest campaigns! 

Edge of Empire (RuneQuest)

• Helpful 1