Are the Telmori the only cursed hsunchen/shapeshifters in Glorantha ?

Agentorange

On 12/13/2022 at 10:16 PM, scott-martin said:

The genes for lycanthropy are recessive, so that only matings between lycanthropes will breed true.

Back in RQ2 days, my friends and I took the first clause seriously, and our knowledge of genetics didn’t go beyond a cursory account of Mendel’s peas, so: l = lycanthropy; L = no lycanthropy; werewolf couples were ll + ll, with all ll children. As for the second clause, non-lycantropes sometimes having lycanthropic children seemed a natural enough reading of “only … lycanthropes will breed true.” Dirty stinking normies couldn’t be counted on to breed true — what could be more “MGF” than that?

And if there were wolves with a recessive lycanthropy gene, there was your explanation of your Mowglis. For the sake of she wolves, I hope that werewolves are born in puppy form and size. Grey Brother was not an honorary status, and “returning” to the humans was a very dangerous mistake.

Of course, what we really want are Garzeen werehyenas — they are called “middlemen” because of their position on the human–hyena spectrum — to point to some real sibling rivalry issues in the Issaries family. Team one up with a morokanth wereherdperson and we’d have a real dynamic duo of cursed “hsunchen” for the Wastes.

———————————————————

Edit: I am now dreaming of a variant Glorantha in which every Goldentongue cultist is a superintelligent alpha female hyena (no human form). They can be counted on to deliver messages across impossible terrain and to conduct the subtlest of negotiations, but sometimes they just have to laugh in the “wrong” place (or at the “wrong” person) or to bite the face off that annoying child who keeps saying, “Bad doggy!”

(Spare Grain is boringly, permanently human … whatever George Orwell may have thought.)

Edited by mfbrandi
other brothers
  • Like 1

NOTORIOUS VØID CULTIST

2 hours ago, mfbrandi said:

Edit: I am now dreaming of a variant Glorantha in which every Goldentongue cultist is a superintelligent alpha female hyena (no human form). They can be counted on to deliver messages across impossible terrain and to conduct the subtlest of negotiations, but sometimes they just have to laugh in the “wrong” place (or at the “wrong” person) or to bite the face off that annoying child who keeps saying, “Bad doggy!”

We call it "mother" market for a reason. No variant!

• Thanks 1

singer sing me a given

On 12/12/2022 at 7:56 PM, Agentorange said:

What it says on the tin really. either currently or in the past ?

I am writing up the Slime Deer Hsunchen for Dorastor. They aren't cursed, as such, as they are happy being able to turn into Slime Deer and to squirt acid from their neck holes, but some people might consider them cursed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here