Chaosium's Canadian fulfilment centre

TwiceBorn

Saw the unfortunate, but understandable news in the most recent Chaosium newsletter that the company is temporarily suspending the operations of its Canadian fulfillment centre.

That decision only affects direct orders via the Chaosium website, and not the regular distribution of products to Canadian retailers (via Universal Distribution), correct? 

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 7.56.42 PM.png

15 hours ago, TwiceBorn said:

Saw the unfortunate, but understandable news in the most recent Chaosium newsletter that the company is temporarily suspending the operations of its Canadian fulfillment centre.

That decision only affects direct orders via the Chaosium website, and not the regular distribution of products to Canadian retailers (via Universal Distribution), correct?

Yes, that is correct. Universal (and Lion Rampant, our other Canadian distributor) are in no way affected by our turning website Canada shipments off. They both buy directly from our US Warehousing and Fulfillment company Bang/Sheridan. In fact, both recently placed orders which were shipped to their freight forwarders on the US-Canada border.

For clarity on the matter, I have added this information to the announcement. 

Edited by MOB
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2022 at 12:47 AM, TwiceBorn said:

Not to derail, but I'm signed up for the Chaosium newsletter, and I don't think I've received one in quite some time. 

Did this newsletter come out recently?

Thanks!

- Bill

5 hours ago, Bill Mize said:

Not to derail, but I'm signed up for the Chaosium newsletter, and I don't think I've received one in quite some time. 

Did this newsletter come out recently?

Thanks!

- Bill

Last Tuesday, and there have been plenty more before that this year. If you didn't receive them you might want to check your spam folder?

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 5:30 PM, SaintMeerkat said:

I'm in the same boat. I have all of the issues of The TOME through Issue #4 on September 2nd, and then they stop. The Ab Chaos emails are continuing to arrive. #192 arrived a couple of days ago. I don't see anything in my spam folder.

Do we need to re-sign up?

I am in a boat with similar lines... I am signed up for the Tome and have never gotten one.  Any ideas, chaosium crew?

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

It really is unfortunate about the Canadian warehouse but I have to say that the few times I had stuff shipped from them they were a bit dinged up. They definitely weren't as nicely packed as I've seen the US warehouse have them packed. Could be a blessing though. Hopefully they'll find a warehouse that cares about its quality. Maybe in the west coast???

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 6:31 PM, MOB said:

Last Tuesday, and there have been plenty more before that this year. If you didn't receive them you might want to check your spam folder?

Thank you for responding, Mike; I do appreciate it!

Spam folders checked, junk mail folders checked, all are barren of misplaced newsletters.

Glad to unsubscribe and re-subscribe if someone can provide an unsubscribe link.

I'd hate to be out of the loop, especially with regards to occasional news on Chaosium Con!

Thanks for any assistance;

- Bill

• Like 1