Edge of Empire - RuneQuest Roleplaying in the Kingdom of Imther is now LIVE on DTRPG!

jajagappa

I've written other works both for real-life and for Glorantha.  This one, though, felt like a true heroquest (labors of Hercules, ...).  The stars aligned :20-sub-light:, the Red Moon provided illumination :20-element-moon:, the creative stuff was gathered from the Chaosium :20-god-sartar:, the dwarfs adjusted the World Machine :20-power-stasis:, Lhankor Mhy and Irrippi Onto added their guidance :20-power-truth:, and the Gates of Dawn were at last opened :20-condition-luck: to release Edge of Empire to the larger Gloranthan community :20-combination-communication:.  It's not all, but it's the foundation.  Hopefully those who have a chance to read will enjoy it. 🙂 

Any errors or issues are my own - for those of you who add it to your libraries, please let me know if you have any comments or feedback.  Ratings and reviews on DTRPG are appreciated!

• Like 6

I just bought and flipped through this and it looks like everything I could have hoped for.  This book is absolutely bursting with flavorful details.  I love books that blend mechanical additions (like the in-depth character backgrounds and new spells) with information about Glorantha, from the broadly historical to the fascinatingly specfic (there are a good 3 pages on cheeses!).   The visual presentation is very pleasing as well.   I would buy a virtually unlimited number of books of this kind of breadth, depth, quality and care.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jason Farrell said:

I just bought and flipped through this and it looks like everything I could have hoped for.  This book is absolutely bursting with flavorful details.  I love books that blend mechanical additions (like the in-depth character backgrounds and new spells) with information about Glorantha, from the broadly historical to the fascinatingly specfic (there are a good 3 pages on cheeses!).   The visual presentation is very pleasing as well.   I would buy a virtually unlimited number of books of this kind of breadth, depth, quality and care.

Thanks! (Ratings and/or Reviews at DTRPG are greatly appreciated, too. 🙂 )

I'm glad to hear you like the mix and the presentation.  My hope is that the little details will help players and GMs give the setting a "life" beyond just the mechanical stats.  And I hope you enjoy as you explore further!  

• Like 1

Edge of Empire has reached Copper Status!  🎉  (The dwarfs may celebrate by offering a bonus from the Copper Kettle...)

Thanks to all who have purchased, and those who have left ratings/reviews!  And I hope everyone is enjoying the material.

Edited by jajagappa
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

If you've not yet had an opportunity to pick up Edge of Empire, a completely new Homeland set in the Lunar Provincial Kingdom of Imther, check it out!  (And you might be the one to push it into Silver Bestseller status, too, triggering some planned bonus content!)

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/421314/Edge-of-Empire?affiliate_id=281511

Edge of Empire is a complete 200+ page Homeland set in the Lunar Provincial Kingdom of Imther now available in the Jonstown Compendium.
For Players: full character background, clan creation, new local cults and spells, customs and common knowledge, plus myths and tales to immerse you in this land of herders, hunters, cheesemakers who readily blend Lunar, Solar, Storm, and Earth together.
For GMs: background on the kingdom and clans, trade, flora and fauna, recent history, events and encounters (including dwarfs!), rumors and legends, the citadel of Hilltown, and an in-world Lunar survey of the land. Immediately adjacent to Balazar for those looking to extend campaigns to or from there.
Copper Bestseller, ten 5-Star ratings
"A highly useful source of a new area for gaming. Now debating how to get my gaming crew up there. Be sure to get this one!" (Sven L)
"This book is bursting with life. A fantastic resource … it rips away the glossy veneer and exposes the messy reality of people, clans and tribes and the bickering, politicking and warring within." (Rob N)
"This book is one I've been anticipating for years, and I was not disappointed...." (Jeffrey E)
Edited by jajagappa
  • Helpful 2

19 minutes ago, Jason Farrell said:

Haha, if only!

For the most part, I see the various cheese secrets as craft-related (skills passed down through the clan over the ages), or based on specific spirits which the clan has allied.  Doesn't exclude the possibility of additional magics (particularly enchantments), though. 

2 hours ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

Is the cheese god part of the Wind pantheon

Well, as the story goes, it's the Goat Mother who largely gifted humans with cheese, though somewhat courtesy of a failed Trickster spell.  So, no, not directly tied to the Wind pantheon.  But Orlantio the Trickster Wind certainly causes other problems!

• Like 1

Also, for those who've already acquired Edge of Empire (as well as those of you who might!) you should now find a Silver Bonus file in your DTRPG library - 18 pages on the Earthwielder and his companions providing additional encounters for GM's or an alternate patron for adventurers drawn from my original Imther campaign. Hope you enjoy!  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, jajagappa said:

For the most part, I see the various cheese secrets as craft-related (skills passed down through the clan over the ages), or based on specific spirits which the clan has allied.  Doesn't exclude the possibility of additional magics (particularly enchantments), though. 

Well, I don't know if you're familiar with the band Gong ? They did a song called Wet Cheese Delirium, for years I've thought it should be turned into some kind of spell 😄

Anyway enough with the cheese derailment of the thread, I'll let things return to their proper place.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Agentorange said:

I don't know if you're familiar with the band Gong ? They did a song called Wet Cheese Delirium, for years I've thought it should be turned into some kind of spell 😄

I'm not, but as @Jason Farrell notes, that title sounds like a perfect start to either some clan feud or an encounter with a rather dangerous demon or spirit!

1 hour ago, Gallowglass said:

I finally finished reading it, it’s amazingly good!

Thanks! (And if you have a chance to Rate/Review on DTRPG, that's always appreciated.) 🙂 

1 hour ago, Gallowglass said:

at least we can all agree that we hate the Vanchites

Exactly! And that's well known throughout the Lunar Provinces, so everyone can find at least one common thread (except, of course, for the Vanchites themselves, but it is what it is).