#dungeon23

MrMacabre

Well my New Year’s resolution is to participate in #dungeon23.

I am excited to announce that I have decided to accept the Dungeon 23 challenge!

The basic concept is “A room a day for all of 2023.”
Seven rooms a week.
Four weeks per level.
12 levels in a year. 

This group of room locations that I will spend the next year designing, will be based on creating scenes and settings for use in The Rivers of London for a campaign and then run sessions using these settings as adventures I can run as well.

I am using this opportunity to create amateur content for this setting to share online hopefully for what will be my first creative work in the gaming industry ever.

I am very excited!! 

Week 1 - Day 1 - The Goblin Market - entrance.

#dungeon23

• Like 4

Les “fnarr fnarr” Frith

also known as Les the loquacious 

Wow yesterday was a good day.
 I got almost 3000 words into intro and descriptive text of market entrance and a ensemble of some NPC guards/security, staff, stall holders and regular shoppers.

Along with a three level map of the Goblin Market.

I also got started on AI graphics of some of the main sections and NPC staffs.

Wow a good start. 👍🏻

• Like 2

Les “fnarr fnarr” Frith

Ok word count 8886 today is…..

Sourcebook intro done 

For both major demi monde locations of old London Town. 

Book split between peripatetic Goblin market entrance details - and the seasonal courts of the Fae - The Carnivale Courts. 

For Goblin markets have done three so far inclusive Intros entrances and 11 permanent stores inclusive of food joints and “Chequers Fae Bar”. 

You roll for the other up to thirty random stalls to roll mimic the capricious nature of the fae to see if the store your after has turned up each time you enter the market . It’s either 25% - 100% busy. Plot the stalls using Mapped locations for each of the three markets to stick the random stalls on three level map. 

The garden of delights goblin market at Powys Sq. three levels of scaffolding and planked stalls set round a tree the middle level food hall and Chequers bar.

The Marvellous Maze in Kentish Town - a Escher like structure of plazas, offices and conference room affairs connected by a maze of moving stairways much like in Harry Potter.

Same stall holders diff three level map.

Finally 

The Horse Tunnels Labyrinth - Camden Lock. This one is an underground labyrinth market of three levels built under foundations of Camden market. Starting with ground, lower Ground and ground basement built with the aid of the quiet ones during the 18th century.

• Like 2

Les “fnarr fnarr” Frith

• 2 weeks later...

Phew just broke the 10,000 word count barrier, almost done now just a few more shops to put into the random stall holder sections and add a few more NPC’s.

Think I’ve got my cover photo sorted and  working title.

The Demi-monde of Old London Town

fabled fae locations 

B3836080-0694-4A5B-892F-45AAFCBF0D57.jpeg

Edited by MrMacabre
  • Like 3

Les “fnarr fnarr” Frith