Chases, DEX order, and Firearms

Sam E.

Quick question.  Does the usual +50 to the DEX order for readied firearms apply during chases as well?  I didn't see anything in the chase rules one way or the other.  

On the one hand, it seems like it would still apply.  On the other hand, maybe it just adds some unnecessary complexity to the chase rules, so I could see rationalizing that it doesn't apply in chases, since the chase itself takes primary.

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I wouldn't use the readied rule during a chase. It would only affect who attacks first, but if there is an active chase, the person in the rear should have more of a benefit than the one running away. I suppose the guy running away could fire over his shoulder, but unless they are the best rootin' tootin' shootin' gunslinger in the whole dang galaxy, they're not going to hit anything anyway...

So as you say, it would add complexity, but for me the real stopper is the idea of firing a gun while moving, let alone running. A guy running might point a gun and squeeze the trigger, but as far as hitting anything? Good luck.

• Like 2