Wild Boar and Tuskers have same armour ?

Agentorange

I was a little surprised to find this when leafing through the bestiary. Given  Tuskers are described as being the size of Bison ( which your average Boar is not ) I was a bit  taken back to find they have the same armour  - 4 pts.

So is a Boar just very well armoured for it's size....or is the Tusker just poorly armoured for it's size ?

On 1/4/2023 at 11:53 PM, Agentorange said:

I was a little surprised to find this when leafing through the bestiary. Given  Tuskers are described as being the size of Bison ( which your average Boar is not ) I was a bit  taken back to find they have the same armour  - 4 pts.

So is a Boar just very well armoured for it's size....or is the Tusker just poorly armoured for it's size ?

This seems like an oversight in the design, agree.

I'd say, as @metcalphhas, same skin, so same AP.

However, large difference in HP.

On 1/5/2023 at 8:07 AM, Agentorange said:

True, but if they're in proportion to their size then you'd think the Tuskers skin/armour would be thicker....

I think the AP is mostly from the bristles, and they wouldn't really change much in relation to the proportion.

14 hours ago, Akhôrahil said:

Giants have the same skin as humans (presumably), but it’s thicker because they’re bigger. Same thing ought to hold for tuskers vs. boars.

That thought did cross my mind.... and I didn't find an easy solution. Perhaps the significance in the size difference -tuskers aren't sufficiently larger to merit the higher AP?