BRP Hardcover

kaddawang

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I cannot release BRP Mecha yet. It would be a great promotion to have something hard sci-fi to go with BRP alongside the usual fantasy and historical. But playtest is only 25% complete, and some rules need further elaboration.

Rosen, you made my day with this info. I did not see it until now, but NOW I am very excited about it. So tell us, when is "BRP Mecha" available?

Ah, ok. I never use the Attack and defense matrix, so that's why I missed that one.

Overall, I think BRP does not have that many errors and contradictions - I have seen much worse. In fact, I like the way they repeat the rules over and over again, so in many cases you do not need to cross-check throughout the hole rule book and search for that one rule ...

Anyway. Maybe if Chaosium receives a complete errata, they will incorporate it into the next printing.

Same for the GM screen. I bet they would offer it, if somebody would send one to them. For me, the reference tables at the end of the book are enough, and I also uploaded the most referenced tables in the downloads section. With these, everybody can make his own GM screen. I found it very hard to do a good one, because it's just too much to place on it and it differs a lot from setting to setting.

I bet whatever GM screen they would put out, someone would still complain that it is "incomplete".

They could also be tightening it up a bit. Thumbing thru it, I see areas that could yield some space (slight reduction in sub-heads, placing text onto a grid, a bit less space in the stat blocks, etc.). Anyone know what the body is in the BGB? It kindof looks like 9/11 (traditionally a Charlie Favorite), but other places look a bit different.

Also, I wonder if errata is going to be in-text. Perhaps we need to invoke Jason!

SDLeary

errata would be wonderful ...

As far as tightening up goes: I don't think they will do it. It's a huge amount of work to do that, all the page renumbering, etc.

If they do, I would be very impressed - but on the other side I would like to see them putting that time into some other product (Monograph or setting).

errata would be wonderful ...

As far as tightening up goes: I don't think they will do it. It's a huge amount of work to do that, all the page renumbering, etc.

If they do, I would be very impressed - but on the other side I would like to see them putting that time into some other product (Monograph or setting).

Not necessarily. Depending on how the files for the current soft back are structured it might be possible to save some space by adjusting sections of the whole.

Mind, since page 384 in the current book is actually the Resistance table (the page numbering does actually go from the frontispiece in the hard copy, where as the PDF counts the cover), it could well be that the remainder of the reference tables are being excluded, perhaps for release as a separate PDF and / or maybe as a book of useful tables to include in a BRP GM's screen? Well, I can dream... :D

Nick

@ Pnic:

I do not think so. I have never seen Chaosium answering any questions on this forum, and I am not aware of any official one.

But that does not mean they do not read this forum. Maybe not as a regular visitor, but occasionally I bet they do (I once got an answer from Dustin that implies at least he is aware of this website).

Charlie pinged me yesterday to check my current address, and apparently a mysterious package is en route to me via USPS.

If it's what I think it is, I'll post pictures.

Unfortunately, it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow (Friday), which may mean that I don't see it until Sunday evening, as I'll be in Houston at Owlcon from Friday afternoon through late Sunday.

I was literally a half-hour outside Austin on Friday afternoon when my wife called to say I'd gotten a package from Chaosium. She opened it and described it to me.

When I got home late Sunday, I was so tired I just didn't notice it sitting on the middle of my desk. I think I just assumed it was a softcover copy.

I have it now in the office. Sam has oohed and aahed over it.

I'll post some pictures tonight.