Sartarite Spirit Places

Scorus

Wasn't there a Spirit Place in Rainbow Mounds, or in the Caves of Chaos in Snakepipe Hollow?

My guess is that all of the ruins of Sartar would be minor Spirit Places.

Also, Great Temples would have Spirit Vortices related to Cult Spirits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

In my Glorantha I have places which are solidly on shards of Godtime real estate, and others that sit on the seams between such shards, formed from the web of Arachne Solara (which is regurgitated, somewhat digested Devil, as we know well). Spirit places may be on shards of Godtime with strong spirit association, but they may just as well sit directly on such seams, or possibly corners where three or more shards meet.

You cannot really tell from the geography, so this is really a GM's cop-out to establish a magical fact for an established place. Once defined, it should remain, but the actual effect might be tied to some of the cycles of Time. See the Hidden Greens/Hidden Castles suggestions.

Then there are dragon places, where reality changes according to what the dreams of the sleeping dragon turn towards.

Dragonewt plinths tend to be spirit places or even vortices, but their magic is jealously guarded by the dragonewts, who may pop into the location any moment.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

15 minutes ago, Squaredeal Sten said:

Bad link.  I get "oops that can't be found".

try https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/gloranthan-documents/greg-sez/praxian-spirit-tradition/

or use the search function with those words (which is how I found it). 

Edited by Joerg
  • Thanks 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis