Lovecraftian game with Big Gold Book(skill question)

TLS

I'm planning on running the abovementioned game and I've borrowed CoC 6th Ed from a friend just to get critter stats and some spells.

I realize that the Knowledge(Blasphemous Lore) skill from BGB is meant to be a generic Mythos Lore skill.

Does it make any sense to have both that skill and Knowledge(occult) in the aformentioned game? If not, why not? If yes, then what is (or should be) the difference between the two?

Knowledge (Blasphemous Lore) could cover all the Mythos-related knowledge that

costs SAN to learn, while Knowledge (Occult) could cover all the occult subjects

that do not come with a SAN loss (e.g. Astrology, Kabbala, Tarot, Voodoo ...).

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

Blasphemous Knowledge (Cthulhu Mythos) can only be increased in CoC by reading mythos tomes or encounters with the mythos that drive one insane,and investigators cannot start with points in the skill. Occult allows one to recognize occult paraphenalia,words,concepts, grimoires, etc., not specifically linked to the mythos.

• 2 months later...

I'm thinking about using psychic abilities for some NPCs. What are your thoughts on the stuff in the Big Gold Book?

I also have Delta Green: Countdown which also has some psi stuff. What are your thoughts on that material?