Merrie England

Trifletraxor

Yes, from Chaosium, too. We are now hammering the last few beasties into the stat block grid (Simon REALLY went amok with demons, this time) and then it goes to the printer. You should be able to get it in some weeks.

Huzzah! I have a space right next to ROME waiting!

Speaking of ROME.... Is Merrie England US Letter or European A4 format? ROME is a bit tall for most book shelves here on the left side of the Pond.

SDLeary

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really looking forward to this one! I'd like to someday run a game in the vein of the old 1980's BBC "Robin of Sherwood" series and this looks like it would be excellent for that.

In this thread, I've seen both "Age of Eleanor" and "Age of Chivalry" as subtitles. Is this a title change just to differentiate the MRQ from the BRP release? Or is the latter a book that will release in the future? I'm just a little confused on that point.

129/420

Merrie England: Age of Eleanor was for MRQ and was discontinued after Mongoose pulled the RQ Licence.

Merrie England: Age of Chivalry is the new version for BRP and is probably 2-3 times as long with a lot more material.

My original intention was to produce several books roughly the same size as Age of Eleanor, but because of the differences between the licences, I combined much of the work into one volume.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

Merrie England: Age of Eleanor was for MRQ and was discontinued after Mongoose pulled the RQ Licence.

Merrie England: Age of Chivalry is the new version for BRP and is probably 2-3 times as long with a lot more material.

My original intention was to produce several books roughly the same size as Age of Eleanor, but because of the differences between the licences, I combined much of the work into one volume.

(Gah! hit the "Reply to Thread" button when I wanted the "Post Quick Reply" button instead...)

I was wondering about this as well. Is the Age of Eleanor material included in the upcoming Age of Chivalry release? Or is AoC complementary to AoE?

Steve

Bathalians, the newest UberVillians!

[Posting from Stahleck]

I'm so jealous - this is the first time that I have regretted not being able to go.

The materials in Age of Eleanor is in Age of Chivalry, too.

The only things not in Age of Chivalry are those MRQ-specific rules, such as Legendary Abilities.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

• 1 month later...

I am hanging out for this one, I have it on pre-order thru Amazon.com. Looks like its going to be another great addition for my BRP resources, like all the previous Alephetar Games books I have been buying recently

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Paolo gave me two possible dates on Friday, but I don't want to jinx it by saying what they were.

Definitely this year, though. Maybe, just maybe this month, but more likely just this year.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got an email from FRPGames.com that Merrie England is in! Can't wait to get my grubby mitts on this book. This is going to be a huge help in planning my upcoming BRP Fantasy game

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.

Amazon's not very reliable about release dates on products from independent houses. I've received stuff from them that was still listed as not released yet on their website.

Steve

Bathalians, the newest UberVillians!

Yep, it is high time. I did not want to announce it openly for fear that "something bad" could still happen, but it went to the printer some weeks ago, so the US distribution should already have it. A pity it did not make it for Dragonmeet.

As soon as we can arrange a delivery, Chaosium will have it for sale, too. Within Christmas, I suppose.

Be prepared. It will be the Ultimate rpg. I mean, Simon has put so many demons in it that this time the "RPG are satanism" crusade will put an end to the industry.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

Be prepared. It will be the Ultimate rpg.

Well, the Ultimate "Medieval BRP RPG written by me", anyway.

I almost put the "No scholars have checked this work" tag on the blurb, but thought better of it.

I mean, Simon has put so many demons in it that this time the "RPG are satanism" crusade will put an end to the industry.

I had planned on a Merrie England: Age of Demons, but moving to BRP meant that I had to put them in the main book. I did not include many of the lesser demons, though. But, if you want to play a Medieval Demonologist, then you should have a broad variety of demons to summon and bargain with.

It covers a few other things as well. It has torturers, religions, professions, monsters, scenarios and all kinds of things.

It has plenty of width, which is the main thing.

Seriously can't wait to get my mitts on this book. It's going to be a perfect complement for the fantasy BRP campaign I'm working on. My game's set in a non-Earth fantasy world, but with a lot of britishisms coming into play. I've described it before as "Prydain meets Earthsea meets Robin of Sherwood, all made into a film by Ray Harryhausen." THis book, and Mythic Iceland will probably be two of my key sourcebooks for the game.

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.