The Scared Girl

Erol of Backford

So its about 1600-1602 before the Lunar Invasion and somehow the PC's are sent from Clearwine to investigate what's going on as they are passing through the area as part of a trade caravan... Gringle, now a friend has of course let those in Clearwine know the PC's are capable adventures... they see Hendsson.

Spoiler

Did anyone spot the location of the pastures were that were disputed territory and where was the Vostang clan located on the map? Both were small clans, but they soon contested the pasturelands of the Ridges.

image.png.30b1765c96a390798839557f40a8f93b.png

Jarstakos Hendsson, Orlmarth clan, 1598‑1602 - did he die as a result of  the Lunar invasion and if so where? The warrior kings of Clearwine failed to avenge us.

Spoiler

So the PC's end up helping the spirit of a little girl and the Hillhaven Clan is attacked physically and defeated, prisoners taken and this event results in war between the Lismelder and Colymar tribes.

Has anyone played this out or have ideas as to what might become of it? We plan on running this and then as a way to bring about some peace to the area the PC's are tasked with finding the Sword Wrath, leading to The Red Hands of Hofstaring somehow.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

37 minutes ago, Erol of Backford said:

Did anyone spot the location of the pastures were that were disputed territory and where was the Vostang clan located on the map?

Just put them in the Little Starfire Ridges between the Orlmarth and Greydog/Hillhaven lands.  IIRC, they were not destroyed recently, so presumably the Ernaldori and/or Orlmarth have simply taken over those pastures.

39 minutes ago, Erol of Backford said:

Jarstakos Hendsson, Orlmarth clan, 1598‑1602 - did he die as a result of  the Lunar invasion and if so where?

Likely Runegate when the Crimson Bat came.

39 minutes ago, Erol of Backford said:

the PC's are tasked with finding the Sword Wrath, leading to The Red Hands of Hofstaring somehow.

Given that Hofstaring is alive and well in 1602+ (doesn't have his hands pulled off until 1613 as a results of Starbrow's Rebellion), I'll suggest that you look for someone who was captured/sent to a Lunar Hell as a replacement.  Possibilities might be from either: 1) earlier Lunar assassinations of the heirs of Sartar; or 2) some figure defeated in 1602 (maybe Prince Salinarg?).  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jajagappa said:

Given that Hofstaring is alive and well in 1602+ (doesn't have his hands pulled off until 1613 as a results of Starbrow's Rebellion), I'll suggest that you look for someone who was captured/sent to a Lunar Hell as a replacement. 

I didn't realize this and or missed it previously, maybe I'll use Hendsson!?

Also I'll have to tie in RQ Adventures 01 somehow before the Sacred Girl scenario, the PC's will stay at the Greydog Inn, pass through Hillhaven, etc. but it will be easy enough to do, we'll simply say after the invasion of 1602 the Lunars post an "Open Season" on ducks for some trumped up reason then... and again after the rebellion in what, 1613?

Thanks again!

image.png.6a77422386fe7d1b1d1b5326e40e9da5.png