I got mine!

threedeesix

I am afraid that they are using it as a test run; lets face it, guys and girls, if that is what is happening they may cancel it. Around 300 copies sold in 3 months? Maybe we are just a niche market.

But believe me, I hope that is not the case.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am afraid that they are using it as a test run; lets face it, guys and girls, if that is what is happening they may cancel it. Around 300 copies sold in 3 months? Maybe we are just a niche market.

Or maybe not everybody is willing to pay good money for a prerelease version and would rather wait for the real thing. I don't think sales of Edition Zero have any significance at all, but probably the guys at Chaosium are already aware of this.

Happy owner of number 226 of 420

But believe me, I hope that is not the case.

Good thing it isn't even close to the truth.

They've solicited new cover artwork, have been integrating changes based on the work of at least three proofreaders as well as my own edits, and have made plans for ancillary products in support of BRP. Monographs have been approved, at least one licensing deal's been struck, and there are at least three products on the front page of this website in development.

I know of at least another half-dozen projects awaiting approvals, in development, or finished and just awaiting announcements.

It takes time to make edits, repaginate, get a proper index done correctly, and get things print-ready. Then there's the time required to actually print the things.

In the meantime, they have another game line to support - Call of Cthulhu - which ultimately is their bread and butter.

Thanks from me too. I feel somewhat better about it.:)

I don't really think the announcements on this page necessarily mean the projected products described are actually going to see print, though (until I see them physically). After years of being a steady consumer of Chaosium products I have a healthy level of skeptism concerning release dates...and a deep distrust of gaming companies in general thanks to the times I have been burned the last few years (NOT by Chaosium).:ohwell:

And I am one of those holding off for those reasons.

Meanwhile, I have just dropped a hundred bucks on Cthulhu stuff.:D

Also, remember that the 4e juggernaut is bearing down on us. It shouldn't beat this to the market as it is probably going to do...even though I'm not sure THAT matters.

Also, remember that the 4e juggernaut is bearing down on us. It shouldn't beat this to the market as it is probably going to do...even though I'm not sure THAT matters.

I think it'd be better if BRP was on the shelves in time to pick up any D&D-ers disgruntled at the (fairly radical, IMHO) changes in 4e.

An opportunity for BRP - the more mature system - to make some converts, hopefully...

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

Last I had heard about the release of the final version, we're looking at a June release! Isn't that about the same time 4e comes out?

Personally, while I want to see the rules changes, I really don't want to buy the un-edited version, I want to wait for the final one myself!

Course, if they cancel the final release, which by the way, I haven't heard that so don't jump to conclusions, I'll buy the un-edited version because I really want the updated rules!

Skunk - 285/420 BRP book

You wanna be alright you gotta walk tall

Long Beach Dub Allstars & Black Eyed Peas

I got mine yesterday. Yes, I did intend to wait until the final version was released, but with all these delays and after finding out that the fine folks at Sphaerenmeisters Spiele did stock the book and charged reasonable shipping costs... I just broke down :eek: and ordered one. Mine is 226 of 420.

First impressions: I know this is not a finished work and that there are omissions and inconsistencies all around (and I've already caught a few typos and broken sentences), but, for an unfinished book, it certainly looks finished! There is an staggering amount of info in there, but it is not overwhelming and is apparently very well organized. I'd say it is an impressive gaming toolkit and I will certainly buy the definitive version when it is finally released. Thanks, Mr. Durall!

Happy owner of number 226 of 420

Thanks, Mr. Durall!

You're welcome!

I just wish the EZ version had been more "edited" before it went to print, but that was the first time the whole thing had been assembled together in one place.

Prior to that, it had been separate files that had gone back and forth between the playtest, Chaosium, and I, with edits being lobbed in as emails for almost a half-year.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! The Book is in my hands! (Thanks Mr D, et al!)

This could swing my long-time RPG gang, currently voting over what to play in future, from D&D 4e to BRP - hopefully another half-dozen or so players will soon be wanting their own copies of the BRP 'bible'.

I'll keep you posted - but other postings will have to wait for a while. I'm just off to the armchair now, and I could some time... :happy:

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.