I got mine!

threedeesix

Did you guys get an email acknowledgement that your copy had shipped or anything? Mine's still saying "Pending Shipping" on the Chaosium order page and I haven't heard anything from them since the 14th (I ordered on the 13th, 2 weeks ago).

:confused:

"The Worm Within" - the first novel for The Chronicles of Future Earth, coming 2013 from Chaosium, Inc.

Website: http://sarahnewtonwriter.com | Twitter: @SarahJNewton | Facebook: TheChroniclesOfFutureEarth

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you guys get an email acknowledgement that your copy had shipped or anything? Mine's still saying "Pending Shipping" on the Chaosium order page and I haven't heard anything from them since the 14th (I ordered on the 13th, 2 weeks ago).

No, but I opted not to get email notification. I did check Chaosium's website and I saw an entry for 'order shipped' on the 19th.

BRP Ze 32/420

I did check Chaosium's website and I saw an entry for 'order shipped' on the 19th.

Bummer. So it's very likely my copy hasn't actually shipped yet... I'm in France too - this could take a while... :ohwell:

"The Worm Within" - the first novel for The Chronicles of Future Earth, coming 2013 from Chaosium, Inc.

Website: http://sarahnewtonwriter.com | Twitter: @SarahJNewton | Facebook: TheChroniclesOfFutureEarth

Got mine. Think I'm through collecting games now....I have at last purchased the one book I truly need, heh! Until more BRP stuff comes along....and the official book, at which time I guess I'll deposit my proof edition in to a storage crate for safe-keeping.

Boy, it's really nice to see this finally come to fruition! The book looks very nice, I love how they manage to touch upon a variety of optional rules from the many iterations of BRP, while retaining the core framework as is, and how it appears to contain all the necessary essentials to run whatever campaign I feel like. Absolutely awesome.

Say, do they adjust the base skills by setting/era. For example RQ3 had cutural weapons and such.

Just thinking if they did I could raise the base Ride% for a Western campaign.

It presents this idea as an option, and leaves up to individual GMs to adjust base skills for Culture.

BRP Ze 32/420

I ordered on the 12th, less than 2 hours after they announced it. Mine is still "Pending Shipping". I placed an order on the 7th (which I received less than a week later), so I know for a fact there are less than 88 orders in front of me. They stated that this would be shipped by end of day on the 17th, as it hasn't, AND they've failed to respond to the I sent on the 19th I'm more than a little ticked off! I understand that this is the Holiday Season, however, they've failed to meet expectations that they set.

I checked my mail today, I had a package to pick up, and as we aren't expecting anything other than this book, I was suddenly hopeful. It was a Digi-key catalog. :(

I'm just a few hundred miles up the coast from them, it should only take 3-4 days at most once they ship the book. I had expected to be able to spend Christmas and New Years weekends reading the book. As it stands, I doubt those of us that are waiting for it to ship will see it until sometime after the 7th of January. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait a full month from ordering to receiving the book.

I ordered on the 12th, less than 2 hours after they announced it. Mine is still "Pending Shipping".

I'm in the same boat. I placed my order within an hour or so of when they made the book available and my order is still listed as pending shipping as well. This makes me sad. Very, very sad :(

75/420

---

Geek blogging at http://strangestones.com

Bummer. So it's very likely my copy hasn't actually shipped yet... I'm in France too - this could take a while... :ohwell:

I'm just a few hundred miles up the coast from them, it should only take 3-4 days at most once they ship the book. I had expected to be able to spend Christmas and New Years weekends reading the book. As it stands, I doubt those of us that are waiting for it to ship will see it until sometime after the 7th of January. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait a full month from ordering to receiving the book.

You know, every two days or so since Chaosium made the proof edition available I feel I am about to break down and order one (even though the shipping costs are quite high)...

January, however, is only a few days away, and these delays both of you are talking about are making me think it twice. I am in Spain, so you could say Shaira and I are neighbours and, as she says and from previous experience, I know items sent from the US already take about a month or so to arrive if there are no delays.

I preordered the book long ago from Warehouse 23, so I think it makes no sense ordering now the proof copy and having both books delivered at the same time.

Sorry, Chaosium. :ohwell:

In the mean time... keep telling us your impressions of the book, folks :)

Happy owner of number 226 of 420

I'm in the same boat. I placed my order within an hour or so of when they made the book available and my order is still listed as pending shipping as well. This makes me sad. Very, very sad :(

Still no change on the website, and still no email update. I've sent a nice (honestly, it was really very polite) note to the Chaosium folks. We'll see what happens. My life doesn't depend on this, of course. But I would sure love to have the book in my hands. :(

Someone give me something neat to think over or something to distract me. What professions are listed in the book? Or, maybe a quick description of the coolest spell? Help a waitin' brother out? :)

75/420

---

Geek blogging at http://strangestones.com

Someone give me something neat to think over or something to distract me. What professions are listed in the book? Or, maybe a quick description of the coolest spell? Help a waitin' brother out? :)

It has stats for both Ninjas and Pirates, so that age old question can be finally resolved. (Though watch out, the Viking entry may be an upset contender!)

Sounds like the maximum skill value is a bit higher than I'm used to seeing in starting BRP characters. Do the skill maximums include any benefits from an attribute bonus option, or are they in addition to that?

If the category modifiers option is being used, then it is calculated before Profession or Personal percentiles are applied to a skill. So, the skill cap at character creation has already included the category bonus/penalty.

BRP Ze 32/420

If the category modifiers option is being used, then it is calculated before Profession or Personal percentiles are applied to a skill. So, the skill cap at character creation has already included the category bonus/penalty.

Hmmm. That would seem to attribute modifiers less important, since all they do is save you some skill points if you're going up against your ceiling.

Hmmm. That would seem to attribute modifiers less important, since all they do is save you some skill points if you're going up against your ceiling.

True; or if you have a negative modifier, it will cost you more percentiles from your pool to reach the skill cap.

BRP Ze 32/420

Don't they still add to improvement rolls? That was probably their biggest impact .

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

Don't they still add to improvement rolls? That was probably their biggest impact .

Yes and no. This edition uses the Experience Bonus which is half the Intelligence characteristic. If you have earned an experience check, then you roll and add your Experience Bonus to the roll. If the roll exceeds your current skill level, then you increase the skill by 1d6 or 3 percentiles.

Under the Skill Improvement section, it doesn't provide an optional rule that utilizes the optional characteristic category modifiers rule. I think that this was probably just a mistake in not including this extension of the category modifier optional rule.

Personally, I will be using the Skill Category Modifiers. Therefore, the skill category modifier for a particular skill will be added to an experience roll.

Jason-

Was this omitted for space reasons, or simply overlooked in compiling the book?

BRP Ze 32/420

Hi all:

Thought, I'd pass this on, though I'm sure those of you on Chaosium's email list have already read it, but for those aren't and have ordered Edition Zero copies this might be helpful. The missive said,

"A New Aeon!

Finally, those eight-armed Mythos beasties found the right spells in the dread Electronomicon, and our shipping module is once again working normally—just in time for the post-holiday rush. Ah well, such is life in this modern age.

We do want to apologize to anyone who shared our pain with our online store and so, for a limited time: ...A Free Shipping Alert..."

This might help explain some of the delays in shipping many of you are experiencing :).

Cheers and Happy New Year,

Sunwolfe

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08

This might help explain some of the delays in shipping many of you are experiencing :).

Not really, as that was why they had offered the free shipping a couple weeks ago. My copy has now been "Pending Shipping" for two weeks now, as have several other peoples copies. Additionally a week and a half ago I sent a query asking if there was a problem with my order, and I've heard nothing.

They finally have WOC#5 in stock, however, at this point I'm not inclined to order anything from them. Personally I'm rather irritated that they're doing another "Free Shipping" promotion when they've yet to ship all of the existing items from the last one!

Zane

I think something was definitely up with their ordering system. I waited until the last Thursday before they turned off "Free Shipping" to order my book and I received it on the 22nd. I also received an e-mail when it shipped and the web page showed the status as "Shipped". So my order went through like clockwork.

Since I am essentially a nobody to them I highly doubt that I received special treatment. Something just made my order easier for them to ship. I am inclined to believe that something went wrong with their system and they had to work through it to get to everyones order. Just a theory, but that's all I can think of right now.

Here is a question, do you know if your card has already been charged for the book?

I also noticed that Zane posted in a new thread that he received a reply from Chaosium, so that is something.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

30/420