I got mine!

threedeesix

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received mine today. Number 132. Am starting to read it from cover to cover. My two observations so far are i) I didn't expect the retro font. It looks oh so, 70's/80's, but in a nostalgia/cute type of way. ii) I also didn't anticipate such poor grammar/clumsy writing. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, English skills are not what they used to be. Then again, I'm in the middle of marking student essays, and I may be a bit jaded.

132/420

ii) I also didn't anticipate such poor grammar/clumsy writing. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, English skills are not what they used to be. Then again, I'm in the middle of marking student essays, and I may be a bit jaded.

Don't forget you're reading a proof copy. I know Jason's working on tidying up the typos & grammar fluffs at the moment, as well as clarifying rules where required, & removing inconsistencies. As Chaosium say in the intro, that's part of the "charm" of a proof copy ;). All being well the final print edition should be pretty clear of such "charm"!

Cheers,

Sarah

"The Worm Within" - the first novel for The Chronicles of Future Earth, coming 2013 from Chaosium, Inc.

Website: http://sarahnewtonwriter.com | Twitter: @SarahJNewton | Facebook: TheChroniclesOfFutureEarth

Shaira, it would appear you psend every waking hour on these forums! ;)

Yes, you are correct. And after taking time to read more over lunch, I think I was too harsh on the grammar/etc. It doesn't read too badly. I suppose the clumsy second sentence with two close togather "and"s threw me. Also, the font I was talking about is limited to the section headings.

Well,back to marking for me :mad:

132/420

Shaira, it would appear you psend every waking hour on these forums! ;)

Almost. I do occasionally take time off to eat and wash... :lol:

Makes being (temporarily) chained to a PC that much more fun! :thumb: Soon it'll be lambing & planting season over here in Normandy and these marvellous cold & rainy winter days will seem like a hazy memory, replaced by mud, tractors, fresh air, and small bleating things demanding food (lambs, you understand, not children or husbands...) :P

Cheers,

Sarah

"The Worm Within" - the first novel for The Chronicles of Future Earth, coming 2013 from Chaosium, Inc.

Website: http://sarahnewtonwriter.com | Twitter: @SarahJNewton | Facebook: TheChroniclesOfFutureEarth

Hi Jack can I ask when you ordered yours, if memory serves me we you ordered the same day as I ordered mine I think, (post earlier in this thread). Which shipping option did you plump for?

I got a pending shipping mail over a week agao but haven't heard anything else yet.

Cheers m8.

Ken

125/420

Ordered on 9th Jan.

Processed to "pending shipping" later that day.

Notice of shipping e-mailed on 15th Jan (although I note that the USP shipping docket is stamped 11th Jan., as is the frank on the parcel.)

So it took 10 days to get to me in reallity, although it appeared via e-mail to be only 6 days.

I chose the 6-10 day delivery option (i.e., the penultmate choice).

I live in the South West of England.

Good luck, you'll probably get it on day 10.

Hi Jack can I ask when you ordered yours, if memory serves me we you ordered the same day as I ordered mine I think, (post earlier in this thread). Which shipping option did you plump for?

I got a pending shipping mail over a week agao but haven't heard anything else yet.

Cheers m8.

Ken

132/420

Brief digression: so where about in the South West are you Jack? And where in Yorkshire, Ken? I'm curious as I'm originally from the West Country (and thus the South West proper was a frequent holiday destination) and I know reside in Yorkshire...

:focus:

Has anyone been keeping proper track of which numbers have gone?

Cheers,

Nick Middleton

Has anyone been keeping proper track of which numbers have gone?

Cheers,

Nick Middleton

I haven't recorded them all, but Jack Tar said he had 132 on the previous page.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

30/420

I got my copy last Tuesday. 115 of 420.

Much bigger than I anticipated and covering so much I'm not sure where to start. This book should have been printed 20 (ahem) years ago.

I believe I saw someone state they received 125 over on RPGnet.

SDLeary

Edit: Sorry, 115

I think Merak Gren might know something about that. ;)

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

30/420

Also, noticed that people were putting #/420 in their sigs. Which let's everyone know that they have an advanced copy and what number it is. Pretty clever. Added a sig for myself just so I could include it. :)

30/420

Hi Nick,

Ahhh, a man drawn as though hypnotized to the bosom of yorkshire!!!!!

Had a lot to do with the charms of my ex-wife as well - but since we split up nearly nine years ago and I'm still here, perhaps not that much! :D

I'm in Sheffield m8, where abouts do you call home in this green and pleseant land?

York itself - I occasionally get down to Sheffield to visit Patriot Games, and pass through regularly when travelling back south visit family in Somerset. And I really ought to get round to seeing some of the other Sheffield gamers I know mostly via the 'net...

Cheers,

Nick Middleton

Hi Nick

Ohh Cool, Jim at Patriot is a really nice guy, mention me to him the next time your down, (Ken would be enough I think :) .

I visited York a while ago now, something at the Uni for educators I think, tho my little girl (5) visited the railway museum recently and was blown away by the train for princesses, as she called it. (Royal Carriage, I think).

Have you visited Triples, (the Sheffield Soc gaming convention) are there any conventions your neck of the woods?

Ken.

125/420

OMFG!

It's arrived at home, Wifey msg'ed me at 10 this morning!!

Just a couple more hours until I get my sweaty paws on it. I don't know if i'll even stop on the way home to buy man sized kleenex. Mmmmmmmm

And in true 'Rorshach' Style............

More later.

(Which knda reminds me of the Superworld Watchmen scenario I demonstrated for Forbidden planet years and years ago in Sheffield, (with painted figures as well). :)

Time flies ehh?

Ken.

125/420

I got mine! Sortoff...

It was sent to my parents adresse in Oslo. Big mistake as I won't see it until I move down south in a couple of weeks! :eek:

Anyway: #116 and 120!

Got meself Cthulhu Dark Ages & Cthulhu Rising in the same shipment.

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.