I got mine!

threedeesix

I know that at least one copy has been damaged on the way to my favourite

RPG shop and had to be sent back, one copy has been sold at the shop after

I had bought my copy (and therefore probably has a higher number than my

"235"), and one more copy is still at this shop.

At least 4 copies are "accounted for" here in Germany ... ah, it is 5 copies, I

forgit Turloigh's one ...

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was rather hoping that they'd be sold out by now being a limited edition. Surely there's more that 500 people out there passionate about BRP?

I think it's a two fold issue. First, apart from very few local shops, BRP0 is only available through Chaosium's website. This discourages a large portion of buyers from outside of the States from buying it. It's also not as visible as something that has a presence on store shelves and there's not a big add campaign behind it. (Though Jason and various members of this site have done a great job getting the word out.)

Second, because of the print quality, some people who do know about the book will wait until the official release.

Personally, I'm really excited about all of the (non CoC) support material being developed for BRP. I'm hoping it attracts people who were previously unaware of it, and changes the minds of people who have previously dismissed it.

70/420

Second, because of the print quality, some people who do know about the book will wait until the official release.

Yep, I know of several RPG players over here who are very interested in the

new BRP and will most probably give it a try, but who prefer to wait for the

"final version".

(Charlie Chan)

Agggg! I ordered one a week ago from my local gamestore owner. He said he could order it and then kept on forgetting, I think. Yesterday I journeyed to the store all giddy with anticipation and he informed me it was not out yet and he could not get it. Arrg! I had explained the whole thing about the pre-release to him numerous times too.:mad:

294/420

I've ordered Zero Edition, and am impatiently waiting for it to show up...

Not that I've got any excuse for waiting this long, but still. I find myself going to the UPS website every few minutes. *click* Still not here. *click* Still not here. *click* Still not here...

*sigh*

Emerging from my Dark Age...

Haloo Halay! I just recieved edition 0! Number 294. So far I am very pleased. It seems like every section I read exceeds my original expectations of the book. So nice... So simple..So adaptable.... pregnant with possibilities. :happy:

294/420

Haloo Halay! I just recieved edition 0! ... :happy:

Ordered after your incident with the stupid storekeeper? That's fast!

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

Ordered after your incident with the stupid storekeeper? That's fast!

Yep! Chaosium was very quick on the draw! :thumb: I ordered monday, just the basic shipping, and the book came in Thursday. I must confess though, the storekeeper is not that bad. He is a friend of mine. It is just that he plays different games and is not up on BRP. I was very disappointed and frustrated at the time though. :o

Wow! the more I read the more I am impressed! In my experience, most systems have parts that make me cringe and grunt a little. So far there are none of those, but bunches of cool little suprises with each section I read. Could this really be The Grail?

294/420

I'm glad to hear all that, because I finally cracked and ordered mine on Tuesday. Marked as Shipped yesterday (Thursday) - but I guess it'll take a little longer to get over from that side of The Pond...

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

While I'm enjoying the (mostly) positive comments about the EZ version, I've very mixed feelings about it knowing how substantial the edits I submitted* were.

When the edits are incorporated and the "official" version is available, I think people will notice a vast number of regrettable errors are gone, sections have been clarified, some unclear issues resolved or clarified, and some last-minute additions have made it just that much better.

* Again, my sincerest thanks to Sarah Newton "Shaira", Ben "Zomben" Monroe, Rodney "Threedeesix" Leary, and many others from this forum for their contributions to the editorial process.

While I'm enjoying the (mostly) positive comments about the EZ version, I've very mixed feelings about it knowing how substantial the edits I submitted* were.

When the edits are incorporated and the "official" version is available, I think people will notice a vast number of regrettable errors are gone, sections have been clarified, some unclear issues resolved or clarified, and some last-minute additions have made it just that much better.

Rats, with that statement I think I may have to loose another 50 silver pieces in the not-to-distant future.

294/420

Don't worry on my account, Mr D. My EZ is in the post, but I'm happy to get it now, warts and all, for political reasons. Having the actual book in my hands soon will steal a march on D&D4, and could save a whole bunch of old-time RPG-ers from that terrible fate...

(And I'll get a proper E1 later, naturally - let's just hope your Dollar stays so wonderfully cheap, eh? ;))

* Again, my sincerest thanks to Sarah Newton "Shaira", Ben "Zomben" Monroe, Rodney "Threedeesix" Leary, and many others from this forum for their contributions to the editorial process.

We all knew that we were buying a proof copy - if anything it somewhat restores my faith in RPG publishing to hear that Chaosium have taken on board the comments about BRP0: too many modern RPG publishers these days would have simply released BRP zero and then thought about a revised printing if there was enough of customer reaction.

I'd always intended to get at least one copy of the full proper printing anyway :D

Cheers,

Nick Middleton

Too many modern RPG publishers these days would have simply released BRP zero and then thought about a revised printing if there was enough of customer reaction.

BRP 1.5, in just one short year.

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

Don't worry! While having a proofread copy released to the public obviously can be an annoying mather for its great author, I think it was the right move considering the time it takes to get the finished book ready. I think all those of us who bought the zero edition is very much likely to buy the 1st edition also.

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

I think all those of us who bought the zero edition is very much likely to buy the 1st edition also.

Of course I will buy the final version, too. I will not miss a chance to get even

more excellent new ideas for my setting.

(Charlie Chan)

We all knew that we were buying a proof copy - if anything it somewhat restores my faith in RPG publishing to hear that Chaosium have taken on board the comments about BRP0: too many modern RPG publishers these days would have simply released BRP zero and then thought about a revised printing if there was enough of customer reaction.

I'd always intended to get at least one copy of the full proper printing anyway :D

I'd say this sums up the sentiments of most people on this board!

-Matt