Glorantha for Pathfinder 2: wild speculation thread

smiorgan

ARGH! 10 different volumes?! Perhaps I'll stick with CoP and the Guide and roll my own. 

Why can they spend that kind effort on the faiths, and not actually introduce us to the cultures that embrace those faiths? In fact, I'd much rather have rich regional guidebooks that talk about the culture, faiths they worship, and how they vary from other areas if they are the same or similar deity. 

SDLeary

Slightly unexpected name, though: "Cults of RuneQuest" rather than "Cults of Glorantha".

5 hours ago, SDLeary said:

ARGH! 10 different volumes?! Perhaps I'll stick with CoP and the Guide and roll my own. 

The Red Book of Magic gives you most (possibly all) of the spells, so no biggie in terms of game design.

5 hours ago, SDLeary said:

Why can they spend that kind effort on the faiths, and not actually introduce us to the cultures that embrace those faiths? In fact, I'd much rather have rich regional guidebooks that talk about the culture, faiths they worship, and how they vary from other areas if they are the same or similar deity.

I want those as well, and I can live with scenario books providing some local information to satisfy people's cries for scenarios (in print, rather than in pdf).

However, the rather tight focus on greater Dragon Pass and maybe Saird for the forseeable future (before my pension age, in slightly less than nine years) makes books on other regions rather unlikely within that time-frame.

I'd also love to see Pedro Ziviani's Mythic Iceland for RuneQuest and its continental corrolaries kick off.

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

5 hours ago, Joerg said:

However, the rather tight focus on greater Dragon Pass and maybe Saird for the forseeable future (before my pension age, in slightly less than nine years) makes books on other regions rather unlikely within that time-frame.

We are of an age, and have the same concerns sir!

SDLeary

6 hours ago, Joerg said:

Slightly unexpected name, though: "Cults of RuneQuest" rather than "Cults of Glorantha".

I thought that as well, but as it's game-system specific it makes sense to highlight that. I think it works for brand identity as well. More people know what "RuneQuest" is than "Glorantha".

8 hours ago, Joerg said:

Expect some people to publicly state that they won't buy them because "They don't play RuneQuest".

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here