Out now in hardcover: Nameless Horrors, six scenarios against the unknown for Call of Cthulhu

MOB

Nameless Horrors 2nd edition out now

Six Scenarios Against The Unknown!

The denizens of Nameless Horrors are unlike anything you’ve encountered before. Each is truly of the Cthulhu Mythos, but they come from realms unknown, and will keep even the most seasoned investigators on their toes.

What's Inside

Nameless Horrors contains six scenarios for Call of Cthulhu, each taking place in a different setting and time period—perfect for one-shot games, and for kicking off a new and unique campaign.

The Scenarios

Each scenario in Nameless Horrors contains NPC portraits, and all maps and player handouts are available to download for free.

Nameless Horrors scenarios #1

Nameless Horrors scenarios #2

An Updated Edition

Originally published in softcover nearly 10 years ago, this updated edition of Nameless Horrors contains brand new art, player handouts, and maps for each of its 6 scenarios.

mature-readers-1200x300.png

• Like 7

Nameless Horrors now available on DTRPG and Roll20

And also available at DriveThruRPG and Roll20:

• DriveThruRPG– $21.99
  • Roll20 – $47.94 $43.15, also available as seven separate modules for $7.99 $7.19 each.

Roll20 Enhancements:

• All maps, handouts, art, and character sheets fully integrated and ready for the virtual tabletop.
  • Maps with GM layer information and dynamic lighting support (requires plus / pro subscription).
  • An Amaranthine Desire Module (2-6 investigators plus Keeper)
  • A Message of Art Module (2-6 investigators plus Keeper)
  • And Some Fell on Stony Ground Module (2-6 investigators plus Keeper)
  • Bleak prospect Module (2-6 investigators plus Keeper)
  • The Moonchild Module (2-6 investigators plus Keeper)
  • The Space Between Module (2-6 investigators plus Keeper)
  • Like 4

I owned the first edition, and purchased this immediately knowing that it contains some scenarios that I really enjoyed and want to run (or run again) in the future. But I'm curious to know exactly what the changes are (aside from the additional art and maps, of course) compared to the first edition. It seems like it's just correcting a few mistakes, but is there a more detailed list of changes or additions?

• Like 1

I've received it today, and it looks great (as always). I especially like that the handouts are not included again in the back, and that they are only provided as a downloads. That's just a waste of paper if you ask me. While the handouts in this are generally quite easy to read, I wish you'd include plain text one's (that are even better to print).

I wish you'd include single-page pre-gens in the book though, as you did with Petersen's Abominations. I like that approach.

Another thing I miss is that there are no Pulp options included (at least where it makes sense), but you probably didn't want to extend the existing scenarios that much. I hope we'll see them in future releases though.

Please note : Due to a last minute change, unfortunately some text in the print book refers incorrectly to the handouts and pre-generated investigators. To be clear, the handouts and maps are in the print book. The collected duplicated handouts and maps, and pre-gen PCs, as well as plain text handouts, do come with pdf pack that accompanies the print book, and are also free to download from the website. But as I say, the print book does contain the handouts and maps. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...