2300AD Conversion rules for Basic Roleplaying - out soon!

pansophy

Finally it is finished: 34 pages of 2300AD conversion rules, flavoured with text blocks of the original GDW book.

It will be a free download available at Far Future Enterprises (www.farfuture.net) and I will upload it to the Downloads section here as well.

Everything has been approved by Marc Miller, and as soon as I get the final "go" I will make it available.

I hope there are some people out there who want to play this hard sci-fi setting :)

You will need the original 2300AD rules (for setting information) and the BRP rule book. This is not a stand alone product.

Here's the TOC:

Game Options 5

Optional rules needed 5

Optional rules recommended 5

Character Creation 6

Step One 6

Step Two 6

Homeworld 6

Body Type 7

Step Three to Step Four 8

Step Five 8

Gravity 8

Step Six 8

Step Seven 9

Professional Skill Point Pool 9

Personal Skill Point Pool 9

Homeworld, Nationality, and Languages Known 9

Renown 9

List of available Professions 9

Military Careers 9

Ground Military 9

Sea Military 10

Interface Military 10

Space Military 10

Exploratory Careers 10

Scout 10

Contact 11

Academic Careers 11

Academic 11

Frontier World Careers 11

Colonist 11

Troubleshooter 12

Core World Careers 12

Servant 12

Government and Civilian Careers 12

Administrator 12

Field Agent 12

Law Enforcement 13

Journalist 13

Independent Trader 13

Ship Crew 13

Extralegal Careers 14

Thief 14

Pirate / Smuggler 14

Step Eight to Ten 14

Skill conversion chart 15

Equipment 16

Skills 16

Encumbrance 16

Weapons 17

List of Weapons 17

Armor 20

Armor Materials 21

Powered Combat Armor 21

Weapons for Powered Combat Armor 21

Renown 21

The Uses of Allegiances 22

Mission Types 22

Losing or negative Allegiances 22

The Reach of Allegiances 23

Effects on Allegiances 23

Non Player Characters 23

Converting NPCs 23

Animal NPCs 24

Alien NPCs 24

The Kafers 25

The Pentapods 25

The Klaxun 26

The Ebers 26

The Xiang 27

The Sung 27

Human NPCs 28

Character Appearance 28

NPC Career 28

NPC Skills 28

NPC Attributes 28

NPC Motivations 29

Minion rules 30

Minions Game Mechanics: 31

Stronger minions 31

After the battle 31

Leading minions 32

Minions for the Gamemaster 32

Adding Flavor 32

Example Minions 33

I've been hankering to have a solid BRP sci fi setting in my back pocket 'just in case' and I've liked what little I've heard and read about Traveller/2300 AD over the years. I was even looking into buying some older supplements last year, so I'll definitely give this a look.

Thank you!

Oh, very cool! More BRP sci-fi is a good thing. Is this a one-time-thing, or is it possible to see more GDW/BRP conversions (including the original flavor text)? Twilight 2000 flavor text was some of my favorite of any game book I've read.

At the moment it is a one time thing. I am trying to convince Marc Miller to allow me to include all the setting information into the book - but that won't be a free download then. Maybe he allows to have the current free PDF for character creation and gaming and a commercial PDF with all the setting information in it.

As for T2k: no plans so far, and I am not that familiar with the rules. :(

I also got permission from Richard Spake a few hours ago to use some of his artwork, new ones too. That currently delays the layout, but the end product will be a lot better! In fact, it really looks good now.

Due to some spare time I included the colonies of earth and the languages into the document as well. That gives it a more complete thing and character creation can now be done without needing the 2300AD book. One still needs them for the setting and descriptions - and that's a good thing. 8-)

It's there!

Since I got the initial 'go' from Marc Miller and the artists, here is the link to the PDF.

As soon as I get the possibility, I will upload it to the Downloads section of the forum.

I hope people find it useful. If there is enough demand, I maybe can convince the right people to enhance it further and put in some work towards supplements.

Dropbox Link to PDF

Edited by pansophy

:tu: Thanks! I downloaded it last night, gave it a quick look and was thoroughly impressed. The info presented seemed pretty clear and straight forward and the art definitely adds to the whole feel. Now I just need to pick out the best 2300 AD books for the fluff.

I'll give it a more thorough look this afternoon, as the office is closed for the storm in the Northeast and I happen to have time on my hands. ;D

Hey! That is really nice. Do you have other resources that look that nice? Great stuff!

Thanks for that. ;) At the moment there is only this sheet and I did a post-apocalyptic one (somwhere in the threads here). Tell me what you are looking for, I might come up with something you need - as long as it's not Fantasy :-D

Absolutely spiffing stuff, pansophy! As you might notice, I have a liking for BRP Traveller conversions. I've also posted a link to this thread on the SFRPG forums.

Thanks for that, feedback is much appreciated. I never played Traveller, but I might check it out sometime in the future ;)

Here's the Character Sheet...

That's a beauty! Thank you yet again.

Well, I already broke down and bought the main 2300 AD supplement last night from drivethru rpg, if I ever get a shot at a serious chance to run the game, I'll definitely get the products straight from FFE. Speaking of which, does anyone know of any other good 2300 A.D./Traveller fansites or communities they can recommend?

Guest Vile Traveller

2300AD is about to get the Mongoose Traveller treatment (this year, I believe, although they have been known to slip from time to time). So there should be some new material, too.

Guest Vile Traveller

I also got permission from Richard Spake a few hours ago to use some of his artwork, new ones too. That currently delays the layout, but the end product will be a lot better! In fact, it really looks good now.

You might want to up the brightness and contrast on some of the images to take away that grey background.

• 2 weeks later...