Different "fuel" for psionics?

canology

As part of my ongoing world conversion to BRP I've come across a problem.

Three of my races have innate psionic abilities and the earlier versions (other game systems) had them using Fatigue rather than mana or spell points. I'd like to keep with that concept and since there is nothing to keep these races from also using magic, I need to differentiate somehow.

Given this situation, what would be a good Power Point to fatigue point conversion rate? Any pitfalls I'm not seeing?

I would not necessarily do a straight conversion of PP to Fatigue Points for Psychic Powers. Look at the Fatigue box on THIS character sheet. This is how I take care of fatigue. GM calls for a roll after combat (or during breaks in combat if long), or after strenuous activity, and then applies the penalty to all skill, stat, and fatigue rolls thereafter. Penalties are as posted, not cumulative.

SDLeary

I would not necessarily do a straight conversion of PP to Fatigue Points for Psychic Powers. Look at the Fatigue box on THIS character sheet. This is how I take care of fatigue. GM calls for a roll after combat (or during breaks in combat if long), or after strenuous activity, and then applies the penalty to all skill, stat, and fatigue rolls thereafter. Penalties are as posted, not cumulative.

SDLeary

Interesting. That makes for a nice middle ground between the Fatigue Point system and the simplified system in the book.

How long does recovery take in your system?

Assuming rest, I would allow one recovery roll after one hour. A recovery roll is equal to the fatigue step above where the character currently is. If the roll is successful I would then not allow another one for a further 2 hours... then 4... then 8... etc. If the character misses the roll, then they get to try again the following hour. If the character is sleeping, then a good night sleep will get the character back to Winded, and a chance to make a roll to get to Hale (everyone feels a bit sapped for a bit after they wake up ;-) )

SDLeary