CHILDREN OF THE WORM - The Chronicles of Future Earth

Trifletraxor

children-of-the-worm.jpgChildren of the Worm is a downloadable adventure for The Chronicles of Future Earth, set in the city of Korudav. It deals with a strange alliance between a clan of Troglodytes and a gang of bandit Che Kwa, the red men of Kadram, the havoc they’re wreaking and the secret they’ve uncovered.

The book is divided into five parts: the first two are the scenario episodes “Obnoxious Jin’s Boatyard”, a well-known inn along Korudav’s Grand Canal, and “The House of the White Sepulcher”, a run-down manse in the precincts. The last three parts provide details on the Troglodytes (also known as P’Tek, or Maggot Men), and their goddess Durgha the Dark Mother, who the Autocracy knows as Babisiya.

By Sarah Newton, aka Shaira. 40 pages. Published by Chaosium February 2011.

Edited by Trifletraxor

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I don't think so, Sarah said that they didn't think it would be economically viable. I'd of thought a POD version would have been the answer....

Does that mean that sales of Chronicles of Future Earth weren't that popular either? I would like to see the world fleshed out more and see more printed scenarios. I am not into pdfs.

Does that mean that sales of Chronicles of Future Earth weren't that popular either? I would like to see the world fleshed out more and see more printed scenarios. I am not into pdfs.

I don't think it was a reflection on COFE as a whole, rather that at 30 pages odd the base costs of a print version of Worm would make it excessively expensive for what it was....

I'd like to see COFE do well, I like the feel of the setting and it's intriguing enough that I'd buy more, like yourself I prefer dead tree products. Mind you I was rather disapointed by COFE, I felt there was too much repetition and the whole product needed to be bigger

COFE volumes 1 to 24 available in easy monthly payments ? ;D

Joking aside, the problem for me was that it did need to be bigger, something the size of the BGB. I'd of rather they left the scenario out, given us more background ( much more ! ) and packaged the scenario in with Worm and another scenario to give a largish scenario pack shortly after the initial setting came out.....