Out Now in PDF — The Queen's Star

Crel

The Queen's Star is now available on the Jonstown Compendium!

A dream comes in the night. The shade of Kallyr Starbrow—once Prince of Sartar—asks the adventurers to be her hands in the Middle World. One of the noble Star Captains has gone missing…

This new site-based adventure for RuneQuest invites the adventurers to travel to the Cinder Pits in the heart of Sartar to discover the fate of a star who fell from the Sky. It'll be around 30 pages.

The manuscript is finished, and I'm currently commissioning art and working on graphic design. Depending on art schedules, The Queen's Star will release in May.

image.jpeg.aad587ee9c6d50d6413b6e5e65c84b70.jpeg

Edited by Crel
PDF release!
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

In the Harn community, when fanon is being produced and the writer wants to add some top art, usually from the main setting artist, they put out a call for art sponsorship to help with the burden. We get a thank you on the credits page. Its all done via paypal to the artist direct.

• Helpful 1

20 hours ago, Aprewett said:

In the Harn community, when fanon is being produced and the writer wants to add some top art, usually from the main setting artist, they put out a call for art sponsorship to help with the burden. We get a thank you on the credits page. Its all done via paypal to the artist direct.

Oh, interesting. I'd never considered that type of pseudo-crowdfunding before. Thanks for the idea!

I don't think I'll implement it with Queen's Star—I already kind of have in mind what I want to do—but I'll definitely keep it in mind for future work.

@Nick Brooke just to check, would this suggestion step on any toes I'm not thinking of? I don't imagine it would, but always better to ask than to assume.

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

5 hours ago, Crel said:

@Nick Brooke just to check, would this suggestion step on any toes I'm not thinking of? I don't imagine it would, but always better to ask than to assume.

Crowd-funded content is prohibited. If you want to explain why this isn’t really crowd-funding, you should reach out to DriveThruRPG and let them know what you have in mind.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Crel said:

Oh, interesting. I'd never considered that type of pseudo-crowdfunding before. Thanks for the idea!

I don't think I'll implement it with Queen's Star—I already kind of have in mind what I want to do—but I'll definitely keep it in mind for future work.

That isn't really crowdfunding, though, it is more like a loan to a publisher to commission artwork.

So, for example, I could send someone a DTRPG Gift Certificate for, say, $500 for artwork, they accept it and it just becomes their credit, then they could get a payout, convert it to PayPal and pay an artist. It would be paid back in the same way, DTRPG Royalties sent back to me as a DTRPG Gift Certificate.

It is something that I have been thinking about, but I need more in my DTRPG Account to make it feasible.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

9 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

Crowd-funded content is prohibited. If you want to explain why this isn’t really crowd-funding, you should reach out to DriveThruRPG and let them know what you have in mind.

Thanks for the clarification.

• 2 weeks later...

Pleased to confirm that The Queen's Star will, in fact, release in May. 😄 Well, assuming nothing goes too sideways. But currently I'm feeling confident enough to actually announce a release date (so that's pretty confident!).

image.jpeg.da39953315468438979aef7986597dd4.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Helpful 1

• 2 weeks later...

Coming this Friday to the Jonstown Compendium! Cover art by the delightful Zed Nope.

The Queen's Star is a site-based adventure which describes one portion of the infamous Cinder Pits in the lands of the Colymar Tribe, in Sartar. This sandbox-style adventure gives the gamemaster the tools needed to discover whether the adventurers will use weapons or words to free an imprisoned Star Captain. It is designed for use with beginning adventurers (such as the RuneQuest Starter Set pregens), and to provide from 1 to 3 sessions of play.

image.thumb.jpeg.416ec1c1098afe3078973a2cb4b810c0.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

• Crel changed the title to Coming May 26th — The Queen's Star
  • Crel changed the title to Out Now in PDF — The Queen's Star

1 hour ago, RandomNumber said:

I bought it this morning... from a quick page turn, I'm impressed. The presentation and layout are exceptional - it certainly narrows the gap between JC and 'official'. I'm looking forward to giving this a thorough read.

Having given it a thorough read, I assure you it will reward! Austin's stuff is great.

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

15 hours ago, RandomNumber said:

I bought it this morning... from a quick page turn, I'm impressed. The presentation and layout are exceptional - it certainly narrows the gap between JC and 'official'. I'm looking forward to giving this a thorough read.

Thanks so much! I'm really grateful to everyone who has picked this up. Constantly improving my craft is important to me, and aiming at as professional a production I can.

If you'd be willing to leave a rating or a few words of review after reading through, I'd really appreciate it! Reviews and ratings are a great, easy way to help me get the adventure into the hands of more gamers.

(That does go for the rest of you who have picked this up, too. 😉 )

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...

People keep saying the nicest things about The Queen's Star. Thank you all, very much! Remember, if you've picked up a copy I'd love to hear what you thought! Reviews and ratings play a big role in helping me figure out what worked—or what didn't—in my Jonstown Compendium releases.

image.thumb.png.b05944bdfd33002a61244c0d60f716e9.png

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Crel said:

The Queen's Star earned its Silver medal. 😄 Thanks to everyone who picked it up!

Congrats!

(While I have picked it up, I've unfortunately been so heads-down in Nochet that I've yet to read through! One of these days... as it looks like an interesting adventure in a place that was very central to my Orlmarth campaign.)

• Like 1