My monograph submission "Swords of Cydoria" has been accepted

Evilschemer

Update: I completed round 1 of layout last night. I have a few additional illustrations to do, a table of contents, an index, round-2 re-layout and touch-up, and some final editing, and I’ll be done. As of round-1 layout, it’s 176 pages. It will be completed and submitted to Chaosium by the end of November.

Christian Conkle

Blogs: Geek Rampage! - Swords of Cydoria - Exiled in Eris

• 2 weeks later...

Round 3 layout is complete. I realized too late that my margins were set to 0.5 inches, not the 0.6 inches suggested in the submission guidelines, so I had to re-lay it all out again. I'm also trying to trim some fat. It's up to 210 pages. I took out "Appendix One: Inspirational Material" and some other bits here and there, such as the apothecary profession, which had become redundant. I might trim the equipment section down quite a bit, and maybe the Gods of Cydoria chapter, which is all flavor and serves no real purpose.

I'm also working on the index, going through and tagging key-words page by page. That part is pretty tedious, but necessary. After that, I fill in all the "See Page XX" entries.

Christian Conkle

• 2 weeks later...

That looks awesome! I have, thanks to the endless waves of d100 versions being promoted / announced / released recently, been getting very cynical about the state of BRP / d100 gaming as we appeared to be going through a period of pointlessly re-inventing the wheel to no good purpose.

Swords of Cydoria and the stuff like D101's River of Heaven give me hope.

Cheers,

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update

My wonderful wife finished proofreading and editing Swords of Cydoria last night. All 200 pages of it! It took her about 2 months and she's done an amazing job. I hope to finish integrating her changes this week so I can send it off to Chaosium.

Christian Conkle

I'm uploading the inDesign package and PDF to the ftp site right now! I'm a little giddy! I'm so excited!

With index and character sheet it comes in at 204 pages. There are 117 illustrations and maps!

After it's published (assuming its published), I'll start sharing all the content I had to trim!

Christian Conkle

• 1 month later...