Shared World gone for good?

Jex

Apologies if this isn't the right place for this post; I wasn't quite sure where to put it—while this question is about the Shared World forum, there hasn't been a post there since 2010, and it seemed to make more sense to post the question here than to try to resurrect a decade-dead forum.

Anyway, I was recently poking around the Chaosium Forums and looked into the inactive forums just for the heck of it, and I found the Shared World forum, which struck me as an interesting project—a, well, shared world (or worlds?), possibly released under a Creative Commons license (at least, there was discussion about releasing it under a CC license; I'm not clear on whether that actually ended up happening).  Unfortunately, I couldn't find any sign of where the information about the Shared World setting(s) actually ended up, if indeed it's still available anywhere.  The old Chaosium wiki where it was originally posted is long gone, and while I found the settings page on the wiki in the Wayback Machine, the pages that actually bear information about the setting seem not to have been archived.  I'm very curious to see what it might have entailed, and it seems like it would be a pity if the information about that shared world was lost for good.  Does anyone know if it's still accessible anywhere, or did anyone perchance keep their own archive of it?

Edited by Jex

12 hours ago, soltakss said:

Try here for the Shared World forum.

Well, yes, as I said, the Shared World forum is how I found out about the Shared World in the first place.  The thing is that it seems most of the details about the Shared World weren't actually posted in the forum—they were posted in the wiki, which no longer exists, and the relevant pages of which are unfortunately not archived on the Wayback Machine.

Ah, I see the cause of the confusion—in my original post I referred to the "old Chaosium forum", while I meant the old Chaosium wiki.  Whoops.  Sorry about that.  (I've edited my initial posted now to fix that error.)  Yes, the Shared World forum is still around and readable, but the old Chaosium wiki, where most of the details about the Shared World were posted, is not.  There's some information about the Shared World in the forum, but it seems that there was a lot more in the wiki, and that's what I'm wondering if anyone has archived, because if not it seems that most of the details about the Shared World are lost forever.

I suggest you go in and note the folks who had been active, and tag them all.

AFAIK, that forum hasn't been closed/archived to read-only state, has it?
Write your topics & ask your questions THERE...

C'es ne pas un .sig

23 hours ago, g33k said:

AFAIK, that forum hasn't been closed/archived to read-only state, has it?
Write your topics & ask your questions THERE...

Apologies; I didn't post there because there had been no posts there in over a decade, and in a lot of forums it's considered very bad etiquette (or even explicitly against forum rules) to resurrect old threads or subfora.  It does seem, though, that that sort of thing isn't frowned upon here as it is elsewhere; had I realized that at the time, I agree that that would have been the better place for my post.  Sorry about that.

17 minutes ago, Jex said:

Apologies; I didn't post there because there had been no posts there in over a decade, and in a lot of forums it's considered very bad etiquette (or even explicitly against forum rules) to resurrect old threads or subfora.  It does seem, though, that that sort of thing isn't frowned upon here as it is elsewhere; had I realized that at the time, I agree that that would have been the better place for my post.  Sorry about that.

Not so much that it's a "bad" thing to ask here.
Just that it's likely not as efficacious...

C'es ne pas un .sig