What worlds would people like to see in BRP?

Shiba Homer

One problem is to find a plausible explanation for the existence of humans in the planet (all those books assume humans are long gone).

Re-colonization by humans from (a variety of) ancient outposts established on far-flung stars?

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re-colonization by humans from (a variety of) ancient outposts established on far-flung stars?

I thought of something like that. The degree of technology can then be justified by either a successful colonization (high tech) or a partial failure, i.e. humans survive but not the technology. I still cannot decide which way I want to go, although medieval technology seems easier to control.

I also thought that in this setting the powers would be psychics and mutations but i haven't looked at the rules so I don't know what you can do with those. Mutations as part of evolutionary process (a bit exaggerated but nevertheless there) and psychics also as a consequence of evolution. And the fact that relatively common due to ecological competition: if one species have it, only the other ones that can defend against it/compete with it have managed to survive.

Anyway and :focus: I also would like to see BRP: Discworld.

Or one-way time travel from the near future, as per Julian May's Multi-Coloured Land books (that'd not be a bad setting, either...)

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

Following a very entertaining thread on the rpgnet forums.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlmen, (graphic novel by Alan Moore)

But in a slightly twisted interpretation on this threads title.....

A setting book published by Chaosium that would ensure me never buying any Chaosium / BRP product ever again........... Harry Potter

:)

Ken.

125/420

Guest the Bromgrev
A Song of Ice and Fire. I figure that BRP is made for this setting.
I think I heard that George R. R. Martin played some RuneQuest at some point. There are certainly a lot of RuneQuest-like elements in the books ... so I thought when i read them, anyway. Can't remember the specifics, now. :o

I think I heard that George R. R. Martin played some RuneQuest at some point. There are certainly a lot of RuneQuest-like elements in the books ... so I thought when i read them, anyway. Can't remember the specifics, now. :o

The Wild Cards series of stories grew out of Martin's Superworld campaign. That was one of the reason for the world being a bit more realistic than a typical superhero setting. Ironic that GURPS got the lisence.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

The Wild Cards series of stories grew out of Martin's Superworld campaign. That was one of the reason for the world being a bit more realistic than a typical superhero setting. Ironic that GURPS got the lisence.

Actually Green Ronin has the license and Wild Cards will be a campaign supplement for Mutants & Masterminds.

I know nothing about the M&M system other than it is d20 based, but Green Ronin's Thieves' World stuff is top notch, so this will probably be worth picking up if you really like the setting.

Help kill a Trollkin here.

Actually Green Ronin has the license and Wild Cards will be a campaign supplement for Mutants & Masterminds.

I know nothing about the M&M system other than it is d20 based, but Green Ronin's Thieves' World stuff is top notch, so this will probably be worth picking up if you really like the setting.

I should have said GRUPS had the license. It was just ironic that Wild Cards couldn't have been released for Superworld.

Dark Shadows and Highlander are two of the core sources for an idea I've had bouncing around since the early 90's. Of course I was originally thinking of using GURPS, though in the past few years that idea has switched over to using BRP.

I'd be interested in hearing about that.

"Highlander" would seem to lend itself to a typical RPG. The problem with doing a DS game is that, to capture the feel of the show, you're pretty much stuck farting around Collinwood all the time, and if you're really gonna be faithful most of the game would be people talking and wringing their hands.

The brutal fighting descriptions maybe?

I always thought its a shame that such a good book series is released with the d20 (spit) rule system.

In no particluar order:

Jorune (though I believe some work has been done with this?)

Convert that GURPS, Jack Vance Planet of Adventure, book over.

Flashing Blades (the old FGU box set and modules).

Of course, you really only need maps and background info and you can do the conversion work over to BRP from anything. If we have the time and ambition. Maybe. ;)

Flashing Blades (the old FGU box set and modules).

:thumb:

That would be interesting. For the most part BRP can handle Flashing Blades pretty well, too.

Lets see,. Do up a few fencing styles notes for color. Social Status, Regiments, banking, a mass battle system, the church....

I'd be interested in hearing about that.

"Highlander" would seem to lend itself to a typical RPG. The problem with doing a DS game is that, to capture the feel of the show, you're pretty much stuck farting around Collinwood all the time, and if you're really gonna be faithful most of the game would be people talking and wringing their hands.

I've thought more about the characters than Collinwood itself. Still having Collinwood itself in such a game could be interesting. Somehow the thought of a member of the Collin's family be a "Highlander" type immortal seems appropriate. Any ideas have always been quite vague, as I've never had a reason to flesh them out. I'm getting ready to offer up some ideas to my players for what to go with once we complete the campaign we've been working on. I just might have to add this to the list of ideas. Or better yet offer it up as a "present-day campaign with interesting twists". :lol:

There seem to be enough people interested in this that it would make sense for you to pool your efforts and do a conversion.

If I'd actually PLAYED some version of Jorune, along with owning all the supplements/modules and felt like an expert on Jorune history, races, etc.

It's just a setting I find very interesting and would LOVE to see a BRP version all ready to go. Having a group of players eager to play in the world of Jorune would certainly be enough motivation to work on it, but I don't.

At best, I think I can get a couple guys together, maybe after watching some of the X-men movies, and create some low-level supers. I've always prefered the Captain America/Batman up to about Spiderman power levels for Superworld campaigns.

Hopefully BRP will be popular enough, you'll find various adventures being run at most cons in the next couple years. Nothing beats a regular group though, but that's the subject for another thread.

Ohhhh, lovely lovely Jorune...

Our current gaming group is in the middle of a 'board-game break' while different members write campaigns/scenarios. We currently have Serenity, Cthulhu, Marvel Superheroes and a BRP Western in the offing, but the cry every Wendesday without fail is...

Jorune .... Jorune .... Jorune!!!!

I know that there is a basic BRP conversion out there somewhere but it would be great to see a full setting based around the much ignored and vastly underrated universe of Jorune.

Perhaps there is a few of us out there willing to pool resourses, mount our thombos and seek the advice of a thriddle or two to see if a BRP version would work.

Quivering tri-nodes.

K. :)

125/420

• 2 weeks later...

Maelstrom is being revived by Arion Games (Maelstrom RPG), no notice of when though.

I'd like to see some republican Rome, Tekumel, Byzantine Empire ooor... World War One. Yeah, that's right not, two, but one. Trenches, zeppelins, dismay, Austria-Hungary, merchant raiders but with the last dying graces of the victorian mindset... lovely stuff. It's not all mud and trenches.

I attached a file on Mecha Rules (in French, unfortunately) in downloads under rules. If someone can translate it, it might be interesting.

Did you get an okay by the author to add it here? Don't want to infringe on anyones copyright... :ohwell:

(With the exception of the Fjallhallenberg Castle scenario though, I'd really like to upload that one!)

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

I will give a try, but I have only 1 hand available, so it will be hard.

Far too much information.

I didn't know it was that kind of site.:o

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

I didn't know it was that kind of site.:o

Well it wasn't - until you posted those pictures of a skyful of enormous mammaries... :shocked: