Modern or near future BRP setting?

Redge

Can anyone recommend a modern or near future setting for BRP (or derivative) rules? My group want to do some gaming with firearms.

It is near future post-apocalyptic so I'm not sure if it fits your criteria, but you should look at the Rubble & Ruin monograph. Great setting, and it adds some excellent firearm rules to BRP that are easy and fast. You can check out the rules here:

http://basicroleplaying.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=99

Personally, I wouldn't want to play BRP with modern firearms without some healing powers or high-tech healing. Rubble & Ruin includes psionic healing.

129/420

Can anyone recommend a modern or near future setting for BRP (or derivative) rules? My group want to do some gaming with firearms.

Cthulhu Now minus the Mythos worked quite well for us, it has all a modern setting needs,

including lots of firearms (at least in the German version, it even has a weapons supple-

ment - I have no idea whether the English version has one, too). As for adventures with-

out the Mythos background, it is not difficult at all to adapt any kind of modern adventure

from whatever source to the system, from espionage stuff to mercenary missions.

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

With or without the Mythos Delta Green / Cthulhu Now can easily be run in "24" style, as can The Laundry.

Using the Big Gold Book plus some existing resources (here or in monographs such as the Modern Equipment Catalogue and such) one can cover the basics.

The difficulty is knowing what sort of "modern or near future setting" you are after. The recent Transformers films, Sons of Anarchy, The Shadowline (recent BBC noir thriller), Nash Bridges (!)#? It's a broad category: can you give us a more specific idea of what you are after?

Cheers,

# I have no idea why that came to mind - I don't think I've watched an entire episode in my life...

With or without the Mythos Delta Green / Cthulhu Now can easily be run in "24" style, as can The Laundry.

Using the Big Gold Book plus some existing resources (here or in monographs such as the Modern Equipment Catalogue and such) one can cover the basics.

The difficulty is knowing what sort of "modern or near future setting" you are after. The recent Transformers films, Sons of Anarchy, The Shadowline (recent BBC noir thriller), Nash Bridges (!)#? It's a broad category: can you give us a more specific idea of what you are after?

Cheers,

# I have no idea why that came to mind - I don't think I've watched an entire episode in my life...

Nick, you must just be a fan of Don!;);D

I think the big thing you need to decide as far as modern vs near future is how much tech you want to add. Also, whether you've had a collapse in society/government or not. Personally, I like running games where travel to the stars is possible, allows me to have the characters be on planets other than Earth.

Edited by Skunkape

Skunk - 285/420 BRP book

You wanna be alright you gotta walk tall

Long Beach Dub Allstars & Black Eyed Peas