The Design Mechanism and the Future of RuneQuest

lawrence.whitaker

Its with great pleasure and excitement that I'm able to announce that The Design Mechanism, the new company formed by myself and Pete Nash, has successfully reached an agreement with Issaries Inc to become the new licensee for RuneQuest. The full Press Release can be found on the RuneQuest page at www.thedesignmechanism.com along with a detailed Q&A sheet for those who want to know more about what we have in store for RQ.

Greg Stafford, Issaries President, had this to say on the agreement: "RuneQuest is an old, highly respected brand that requires creativity, dedication and knowledge of the product. I know that Loz and Pete have that, plus enthusiasm and professionalism that will keep up the reputation and good name. I am pleased."

Clearly its early days for both Design Mechanism and RuneQuest's 6th edition but we have exciting plans for the game building on the work Pete and I have already done with Mongoose's RuneQuest II and we look forward to sharing them with the roleplaying community as we develop the new rules.

Lawrence

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Vile Traveller

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch. So, tell us more about those exciting plans! :)

Better not be another troll book, though ... :horse:

Sherry?

Yep, the guy spends his holidays in Andalucia and buys some excellent

wine there. And as long as it contains alcohol and tastes sweet, I will

drink it. I would offer you a glass or three to celebrate the new Rune-

quest, but the transport would be a problem, so I will have to volunteer

to drink it for you ... B-)

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

Wow,

This is awesome and (to me) unexpected news. I've been quietly moping about the future of RuneQuest -- I've switched to MRQII and like its overall balance and style, but I feel that it can get even better.

You guys are definitely the all-star team I'd have picked to push it forward.

Thank you, thank you for taking this on!

Steve

Bathalians, the newest UberVillians!

Darn. My own version is going to be trumped... *again*!

PS: Good and Fast, please! ;)

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

Er, surely it's 7th?? Or are MRQ and MRQII conflated into one (5th) ? That doesn't seem right!

PS: Just in case... RQ7 !

Edited by frogspawner

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

The revision history is...

1. RQ1 (Chaosium)

2. RQ2 (Chaosium)

3. RQ3 (AH)

4. MRQ1 (Mongoose)

5. MRQII (Mongoose)

6. RQ6 (Me 'n' Pete)

Bear in mind these are published editions of the game. There's the old RQ:Adventures in Glorantha floating around, which some refer to as RQ4/IV, but as it was never published, it remains outside the RQ chronology.

So, its RQ6!

Well done and Congratulations! I was very concerned and disappointed that once RQ seemed to have a great set of rules again, it had been prematurely killed off.

Best of luck with the new edition and I look forward to it.

Just one request, seeing at the greater integration with Moon Design. Can we get some dual statted 3rd Age Gloranthan goodness to tie in to the HQ2 stuff?

Brill!

Likes to sneak around

115/420

Great news for RQ!

Any plans for a "Glorantha for beginners" type release with the basics and a few straightforward adventures? Something that would generate enthusiasm in a GM new to Glorantha, rather than feelings of intimidation. :-) I think that would help get more folks interested in Glorantha.

129/420

Great news for RQ!

Any plans for a "Glorantha for beginners" type release with the basics and a few straightforward adventures? Something that would generate enthusiasm in a GM new to Glorantha, rather than feelings of intimidation. :-) I think that would help get more folks interested in Glorantha.

Not from Design Mechanism, however Moon Design have some plans in this regard.

There is no better introduction to Glorantha than a Griselda story, so including one of those would be good.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

*whatever* you dont don't call it "runequest" or "runequest III". Runequest 6, Runequest VI, RQ 6, RQ 2012, RQ of the apes, but no more confusion. I *fucking hate*"RQ2" "which one?".

Also, get rid of CA's!!! =) =) [only thing that's missing on RQ2 for it to be the perfect RQ]

"It seems I'm destined not to move ahead in time faster than my usual rate of one second per second"