Simple BRP Mecha Rules?

AikiGhost

Rosen is doing BRP Mecha, which isn't out yet.

There has also been talk of doing sonmething alsong the lines of a Mekton conversion.

IMO the easiest way of doing mecha in BRP would be to simply use the character rules, but assume some sort of "scale Factor". You could apat the superpowers rules to reflect mecha, and build mecha on a set number of points.

I don't know if hat would be the best way to do it, but it would be pretty simple.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

Rosen is doing BRP Mecha, which isn't out yet.

There has also been talk of doing sonmething alsong the lines of a Mekton conversion.

IMO the easiest way of doing mecha in BRP would be to simply use the character rules, but assume some sort of "scale Factor". You could apat the superpowers rules to reflect mecha, and build mecha on a set number of points.

I don't know if hat would be the best way to do it, but it would be pretty simple.

I run a scifi game where that's basically how you build a robot character. You could easily scale it for a hard, fast and dirty mech rules set.

121/420

I can send you the playtest version of BRP Mecha. It is currently only tested for 6m tall, non-flying mechas, but it should be able to do battletech-sized mechas efficiently. The only two things that the rules lack atm are flight and rules for superobots. Just don't expect rules for overheating and autocannon/20.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

I can send you the playtest version of BRP Mecha. It is currently only tested for 6m tall, non-flying mechas, but it should be able to do battletech-sized mechas efficiently. The only two things that the rules lack atm are flight and rules for superobots. Just don't expect rules for overheating and autocannon/20.

Rosen, If you are willing Id be more than happy to have a look at em and perhaps make my own overheating rules :)

Try this, if you can read french : http://gelweo.free.fr/jdr/adj/mechabasic.pdf

I haven't read it. From Gaelle, who was an active member of the www.basicrps.com community. She developped a fantasy setting for Basic and some rules for Mechas. She's also an illustrator (you can see her artwork on her web site).

Zit.

Wind on the Steppes, role playing among the steppe Nomads. The  running campaign and the blog