The Spider God's Bride

GianniVacca

I bought the d20 version a while ago and simply loved it. It is a whole series of adventures that are really gritty sword and sorcery stuff. It captures the feel of Clark Ashton Smith and Howard better than any series of adventures for role-playing I have ever read. I of course have not seen the D100 version yet so I do not know how well it may translate, but I am certainly going to re-buy it. The original was pretty beefy at about 200 pages and had 10 very nice adventures in it.

It is not a high fantasy book with elves, dwarfs, and orcs. Much closer to the Savage Sword of Conan tales.

The author has a website where you can get the feel of the stuff he likes to write.

http://xoth.net/publishing/xp1/#preview

294/420

Thanks... So is this generic enough that it could be adapted to an existing campaign world?

I do not think that there should be much of a problem... Of course it depends on the world. It geared for a more hyborian or Mesopotamian type world than a western European style setting.

294/420

I do not think that there should be much of a problem... Of course it depends on the world. It geared for a more hyborian or Mesopotamian type world than a western European style setting.

Actually I was thinking Second Age Glorantha :)

Glorantha may be a bit of a problem. There are a number of almost Lovecraftian cults and gods involved. Glorantha is so specific in many areas that other gods, cults and locations are difficult to port in at times. (At least in my experience). It could still work though with some nips and tucks.

294/420

Glorantha may be a bit of a problem. There are a number of almost Lovecraftian cults and gods involved. Glorantha is so specific in many areas that other gods, cults and locations are difficult to port in at times. (At least in my experience). It could still work though with some nips and tucks.

I really don't see this as an issue for 2nd Age Glorantha. You have the God Learners mucking around with myth all the time and its quite reasonable for some truly atrocious Lovecraftian type cults to spring-up, all because the God Learners have been screwing around with some poor, previously innocent cult's myths.

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

You could easily reskin it with Gloranthan Chaos Cults I reckon, just a bit of tweaking here and there. I sounds like a great scenario to run, heaps of flavour,,,

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"