RQ6 joined or separate from Glorantha?

Trifletraxor

From what I've read, it sounds like Loz and Pete are saying that it will be generic, but that because of ties to Moon Design Glorantha will be an option. Now, I'm not sure if this means that Moon Design will be releasing dual stat stuff, specific titles, or just a conversion system.

SDLeary

Yeah, separate. But there will be RQ6 books for Glorantha, too. It is just that they are not top priority.

From what I heard, Loz and Pete are concentrating on producing a good, consolidated iteration of the rules, pruning the few glitches that still plague RuneQuest II. A new edition of Gloranthan stuff* is not mandatory to play second or third age with such a new edition, once you own (and most fans do) the plethora of supplements that have been published since 1978. So their priority might well be RQ Greece (which does not exist yet) or RQ Gwenthia or whatever. Once that is done, I have no news of Moon Design wishing to stay in the way of new RQ Glorantha books with original contents.

[*] Except for a reprint of the Kyger Litor cult writeup, of course. It is not RuneQuest if it does not contain one.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

Guest Vile Traveller

[*] Except for a reprint of the Kyger Litor cult writeup, of course. It is not RuneQuest if it does not contain one.

Nooooo ... Loz promised! No more Kyger Litor write-ups! :horse:

RQ6 will not feature Glorantha as the default setting.

We will, in time, produce some dedicated Glorantha material. This is likely to be a combination of both Second and Third Age materials, thus taking RQ back to the classic Glorantha era and also continuing the wonderful work begun under Mongoose. There is a possibility that we will be able to reach an arrangement with Mongoose to reprint/revise some of the books produced for both MRQ1 and MRQII for RQ6 - but at this stage, nothing is agreed, just some tentative options explored.

There is also a high likelihood of us producing conversion packs for Moon Design publications so that their HeroQuest Glorantha books can be used with RQ. No books will be dual-statted; its easier to produce a free PDF conversion kit instead (and HQ is very stat-lite already). I'm already considering a conversion pack for Harrek Saga, my current project for Glorantha under HQ.

After that, we'll see. But, although the RQ rules won't be Glorantha-centric, our license with Issaries and unique friendship with Moon Design means that there are all kinds of possibilities.

Its all good.

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

What would be nice would be for mundane, day-to-day Gloranthan stuff to be done for RuneQuest and exotic, high-powered, killing-gods stuff to be done in HeroQuest.

So, Pavis Campaign - RuneQuest, Grand Argrath Campaign - HeroQuest.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

Guest Vile Traveller

I really hope that, if the time comes to do more Glorantha stuff for RQ, it will be somewhere completely different (like wot Newt did).

Teshnos would still be my favourite.

There is also a high likelihood of us producing conversion packs for Moon Design publications so that their HeroQuest Glorantha books can be used with RQ.

This would be fantastic. It will also hopefully create synergy between the two systems (people buying and writing more stuff from both sides) and be good for the entire Glorantha community.

294/420

Yeah, separate. But there will be RQ6 books for Glorantha, too. It is just that they are not top priority.

From what I heard, Loz and Pete are concentrating on producing a good, consolidated iteration of the rules, pruning the few glitches that still plague RuneQuest II.

Is that RQ2 or MRQ2 or...hell I've lost track now....

Guest Vile Traveller

Is that RQ2 or MRQ2 or...hell I've lost track now....

That's MRQ2 (which in chronological order is RQ5).

AEON is the one that's pruning a few glitches out of RQ2 ... O:)

• 1 month later...

RQ6 will not feature Glorantha as the default setting.

We will, in time, produce some dedicated Glorantha material. This is likely to be a combination of both Second and Third Age materials, thus taking RQ back to the classic Glorantha era and also continuing the wonderful work begun under Mongoose. There is a possibility that we will be able to reach an arrangement with Mongoose to reprint/revise some of the books produced for both MRQ1 and MRQII for RQ6 - but at this stage, nothing is agreed, just some tentative options explored.

There is also a high likelihood of us producing conversion packs for Moon Design publications so that their HeroQuest Glorantha books can be used with RQ. No books will be dual-statted; its easier to produce a free PDF conversion kit instead (and HQ is very stat-lite already). I'm already considering a conversion pack for Harrek Saga, my current project for Glorantha under HQ.

After that, we'll see. But, although the RQ rules won't be Glorantha-centric, our license with Issaries and unique friendship with Moon Design means that there are all kinds of possibilities.

Its all good.

I'd adore being involved in developing any of that stuff, either as a playtester or elsewise. My first Great Game was Chaosium RQ2.

CB