Cthulhu Hollow Earth

sladethesniper

OK, going to be taking the CoC/Ravenloft game back to Earth and will wanting to do a "Hollow Earth" style adventure....

Does anyone know of any good Hollow Earth type stuff?

I am torn between doing a classic hole in the ground Hollow Earth or turning into a psudeo-planar game where The Underdark is basically a planar location that connects to Arcadia/Commorragh/etc. and the Illithids are the underground dwelling larval form of Star Spawn...

Ideas?

-STS

The Hollow Earth Expedition roleplaying game contains lots of interesting ideas

for a Hollow Earth campaign, although the focus is more on pulp action than on

Cthulhoid horror. Still, if you could get a copy, preferably plus the "Mysteries of

the Hollow Earth" supplement, you could save a lot of time and effort by using

the locations and organizations described there.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Hollow+Earth+Expedition&quicksearch=1&search_filter=&filters=&search_free=&search_in_description=1&search_in_author=1&search_in_artist=1&x=8&y=6

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

Monsters of the Endless Dark is a supplement for the d20 system that details a whole underground ecology of monsters. The artwork varies from tolerable to bad, but the descriptions and ideas are well worth incorporating into a game.

http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

Well, I bought HEX and although the flavor text was pretty good, I think that I am still going to go with a psuedo-planar type thing:

There are several permanent gates to different locations (similar to how the Plateau of Leng is coterminous with both Earth and the Cold Wastes)...

The gates I have set up so far:

Plateau of Leng = Cold Wastes

North Polar Gate = Atvatabar (is inside a dyson sphere, thus why it is a "hollow earth", just not inside our Earth)

Gharne = The Underdark (is a rogue planet...has no atmosphere, thus the only way to survive is by being deep underground)...sort of permanent hellish prison for entire races...

Congo = Arcadia (filled with elves, a joyous place...that is constantly at war)

Valley of Borovia = Ravenloft

Need a place for this gate = Commoraugh

Still going to need an adventure, but I think that I am going to use Dr. Leviticus Blue's "Incredible Bone-Shaking Drill Engine" as the McGuffin...

Plus, the group is already familiar with planar horror, seeing as how they are stuck in Ravenloft double dealing Strahd and Azalin...

Ideas welcome for plots.

-STS